Makeup Essentials : Wedding Party



This weekend, after our BROWS, BUBBLES and a BENEFIT event I am rushing off to my cousin's wedding.
I am only going for a couple of days and I like to travel light. I HATE this awful liquids rule, because like Gaylord Fockerr, I don't like to check in my carry on luggage when it's more or less my ONLY luggage. 

My makeup kit that I assemble for travel is simple. It's compact enough to deal with security, and extensive enough that I can handle any unexpected travel or mother's-stress induced affliction. 

Here are my essentials to looking good (but fancy) on a big occasion like a wedding:

1. Prep for the skin: Hydrate with a good and heavy moisturizer, no matter how short the flight. G recommends Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream, S recommends La Mer or an extra thick application of Oil of Olay Definity. Hydrate!

2. Face: Take a base, concealer and sealer. More than usual, but the skin needs to GLOW. 
I will be taking Bare Escentuals i.d. (which is basically all I normally wear) and then following up all my problem areas (dark circles etc) with MAC Studio Fix concealer in NW25. Then I will add a highlighter under my eyes such as SmashBox Photo Op  and finishing off (sealing my concealer) with a light dusting of Laura Mercier's Secret Brightening Powder. 

3. Eyes: Simple is better. Now is not the time to experiment and end up looking like the glorious tranny cousin from New York City. I will be taking with me a palette, Giorgio Armani Shadows which contain Earthy tones, and my fall back tried and true never-fails Bare Escentuals i.d. in Desire. Because desire cannot be applied with a finger, I will also be taking along my wonderful Kevyn Aucoin shadow brush. All this will be prepped with a little fix-it: Urban Decay's eyeshadow primer

Eyes also need EYELINER. Smiling and dancing all take a toll on my eyes (Tyra taught me right to smile with my eyes, ladies!). Occasions like this practically beg for Smashbox's Waterproof Jetliner in black. It's the longest lasting so I can not squeal in horror when I run to the dimly-lit bathroom to check on my makeup application. 

And of course, finish those puppies off with a mascara. I know this will shock, but I'll be packing just one mascara and that will be DiorShow

4. Cheeks: Keep it simple in a lite rosy pink for me: Boring old tried-and-true Orgasm by Nars. I am also going to sneak a little peach in there in case my Mom wants a little touch up so I will take along Linda Mason's Flesh blush

5. Lips: Oh how I long to just swipe on some T. LeClerc gloss in Grenadine and call it a day. I have, however, lost my little tube (it was getting old, anyway and I guess it was time to say goodbye). I will be taking G's advice and perking up my pout with a sparse application of MAC Slimshine in Rock Out (dabbing it on for a hint 'o color). 

6. Touch ups: All the (non)dancing is going to require a little touch-up for the photos. I am going to keep my tolerable Fresh Pressed Powder in my purse. Note to self: Buy a new applicator for that thing.  

All this going to fit into a pouch which I will declare as I get harassed in the security line. Actually most of the men there are nice. I wonder why that is?

Tra la la la kisses!
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts