Peach Blush


About four times a year, I get this urge to change my cheek color. I love trying new colors on my cheeks, because such a subtle change can have in impactful effect on your entire look.

This season, I am simply OBSESSED with fresh faces.

I was specifically searching for a matte peach toned color as the weather gets colder. In the summer, I don't mind a little gold shimmer tone (to make me look bronzed and JLo-ish)-- but I wanted a serious and sheer matte opaque for the winter. (Sidenote-- I have been noticing that as I get older, the shimmery blush also makes my pores look bigger, because it settles in, catches the light and brings attention to them. That's another reason I am making the transition over to opaques).

I randomly walked into the Linda Mason retail shop in Soho, and was immediately struck by this perfect soft peach-- a cross between the Peach and Flesh crayons from the Crayola set. At first, the woman helping me thought it was too light and wouldn't show up on me. We tried it on by the window to catch more natural light (PLEASE, don't be embarrassed to insist you see makeup in natural light. Shop lights are deceiving!) and I think we were both happy with the results of the soft peach.

I think it has that perfect je ne sais quoi, cat-who-just-ate-the-canary glow about it. If you know what I mean. Wink.

Flesh/Peach cheek are also great for all the skin tones, because it's modern without being too in-your-face. Last year, JC (who is of the Asian persuasion) bought some great peach tones from Bobbi Brown (I believe it was called Apricot), and my friend CC (owner and operator of lovely mocha-latte skin) had a fleshy peach cream blush from Laura Mercier (Limited edition ) which was delicious on her. And me-- who I say has a pink and olive undertones to my complexion -- looks kick ass in my new peach blush. Modest, non? MAC also has a lovely peach blush called-- are you ready?-- Peaches-- which is great.
 

Kisses!
S

PS. When I was in the Linda Mason store, the artist Linda Mason herself was there. Her shop was fun and COLORFUL, check it all out at www.lindamason.com. She has a great story to go along with her products and herself and if you live in NYC and want to check out something bold, make a trek out to her store in Soho. X S

Comments

Popular Posts