They Got Me: Waterproof Liner by SmashBox


When I was a little girl, I used to WAIT for Halloween, only to have an excuse to wear makeup. I would always pick a costume that required me to heavily line my eyes and wear mascara, and then I would insist the makeup be waterproof (what if it rained, I would sassily point out to my Mom). Then at night, I would wash my face, and KNOW that for the next couple of days, I would have sexy eyeliner and mascara residue-- and it would look like was still wearing makeup! To school! Where it was forbidden! A diabolical plan that hinged on Halloween and the stubborn stay puttedness of waterproof eye makeup. Well that was when I was 11.

Now, the thought of makeup that won't come off in a couple of swipes horrifies me, and I have often spoken about my aversion to waterproof makeup. (In case you didn't know...the general problem with waterproof eye makeup is this: It's a B* to get off, and it's too harsh for your delicate eye area. And who wants to lose precious eyelashes everyday, which is usually the result of the drying and too-harsh formulations of waterproof anything?)

But this past week, I stumbled upon a product that makes me change my mind about waterproof, and I want to shout my love from the rooftops!

JET SET WATERPROOF EYELINER by Smashbox, which runs about $22 is the most amazing thing since pre-moistened makeup remover cloths.

It's perfect for that old school Indian style of lining the inner rims of my eyes. Instead of being met with 2 blacked out eye sockets (a victim of runny makeup), I am able to do all manner of exhilarating things throughout the day, and return, and my eye makeup is INTACT. And then, at night, when I take it off, it actually comes off peacefully and without a fight. It's like-- a miracle or something! Totally!

I swipe on a tiny bit in the morning with a Q tip (I have been using a Qtip instead of a brush because I like the intense color I have been getting-- but do what suits your look)on my inner rims and upper rims, 2 coats of mascara and I'm DONE.

Now there is one thing I have to warn you about: this liner comes in a pot, not in a pencil. This is important, because as I have experienced with Bobbi Brown Gel Liner (which I don't 100% recommend because it dries out too quickly)-- pots tend to dry out even with proper lid replacement after use. I'll update this as time moves on.
And also! I like the Smashbox one way better in terms of richness of the color. I wish I had gotten a softer black, maybe even a brown, but I can't hate on this liner. I just can't. I love it I love it I love it.

And in case you were wondering, this was the first Halloween in a long time that I did indeed wear a waterproof something.

4 out of 5 stars.

Cleopatra-eyed Kisses!
S

PS. G will kill me if I am not 100% transparent about this: I actually tried it for the first time at her house. She is the real reason for my current state of satisfaction with finding an eyeliner that actually stays when it's told to stay and leaves when you want it to leave.

Comments

  1. This stuff is great! I totally forgot I had it! Must start using it again! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! this sounds amazing and could be the cure to my scary raccoon eyes forever :) i will try it and keep you posted on my experience :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. you were so right - this product is amazing! i tried it on when i went out to dinner last night and a) there was actually no smudging and b) it really did come off easily! seems great for work - no more raccoon eyes...

    coincidentally, i actually saw a raccoon on the sidewalk as I was on my way to dinner yesterday (no joke!). i'll take that as a sign of leaving that look behind me :)

    thanks again for the lovely recommendation!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. N! You crack me up! But I'm glad you liked it. Kisses! S

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts