Fresh Sugar Rose Tinted Lip Treatment SPF 15


A rose by any name should be sweet. I love anything with rose. I went so far as to think I had the skillz necessary to make a rose flavored cake with rose icing for G's birthday. Master Fail. 

Anyway-- I am still attracted to anything pink and rosy-- and I was so excited when I walked by the Fresh store and saw that they were now offering a rose tinted version of their best-seller lemony Sugar Lip Treatment. I am always told this is THE MOST AMAZING thing in the world. And I seem to buy it over and over thinking I am missing something by not thinking it's wonderful beyond belief. And I am always underwhelmed. 

I will go against the grain and say I had never been a fan of the sugar lip treatment because I always found it to waxy and a little boring for my lips. It's like it just sits there. Well guess what ladies? The rose tinted one does the exact same thing. It goes away because it's not a treatment, it's a coating. And it's soothing and all, but neither this nor the original make me feel like my lips are being healed. 

The one good thing about this is the SPF 15 and the slightly heightened lip-color effect. Texture and consistency are so heavy though-- I feel it never really soaks into my lips. 

 A rose-tinted coat of beeswax for your lips. It's like a $22.50 petroleum-free chapstick in better packaging (and I do love the RECYCLABLE packaging on this).

So this rose disappoints, I would NOT recommend this product to anyone because it's just nothing special. Don't be hypnotized by the amazing packaging and cool steel twisty lip bullet. 


Forewarned kisses. 
S. 

Comments

  1. great review!

    I like the Fresh brand but sometimes I find that I don't like many of the products

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts