MAC Lipstick - Viva Glam 1


I love wearing red. It makes me feel a little daring and wild. Less like Charlotte, the Sex and The City character that I am always compared to. I learned recently that on the Oprah show, those wearing red in the audience are the most visible on screen. Makes sense! All I know is that If I ever get tickets to the Oprah Show I will definitely be wearing red! Sooo, I've always been slightly jealous of girls who can wear daring shades of red lipstick. I always thought that with my darker complexion, red lipstick would make me look like a clown or one of the demons from the Ramayan or Mahabharat.

Recently on a trip to London, I took a quick stroll into Selfridges to check out the beauty counters. I noticed a very pretty Indian woman checking out the lip glosses at the Chanel counter. She had this lovely bright clear complexion, and a daring shade of red lipstick. She had the exact look I had imagined in my head for so many years... and was also with a very handsome tall British man, making her entire look that much more appealing! I went up to her told her I absolutely loved her lipstick. I then went on a rant about how I never thought I would look good in red lipstick, but how her coloring was similar to mine, and how possibly maybe that color might just look good on me. She and her British boyfriend (or whatever) stared at me till I stopped talking. She then smiled and said with a bit of embarrassment... It's MAC Viva Glam 1. I have no clue why she was embarrassed about it. I happen to love certain MAC products. She and her British man were quite posh... maybe she wished it was Chanel or Cle De Peau. No matter! A good lipcolor is a good lipcolor. I said thanks and ran for the MAC counter.

MAC Lipstick in Viva Glam 1 is an absolutely fabulous shade of red for darker complexions! It really makes your lips pop in the most glamorous way. If you are going to wear a daring shade such as this I suggest toning down the rest of your makeup. This look looks best with a flawless face (apply some good foundation or powder), a light brush of coral blush, and light dusting of gold cream shadow. If you are going to wear liner make sure it is a very thin line. And finish off the look with some fabulous mascara. MAC Lipstick in Viva Glam 1 retails for around $14!

I say you go to MAC and give this color a chance! Don't be scurrred! You might be nervous after seeing it for the first time (I kind of was!) but walk around the store a bit, spray some perfume, stare at yourself in every mirror available (without letting anyone notice of course... it is a bit crazy) You WILL be pleasantly surprised! This look is tres chic!

Be a little daring... wear some red!!!
Hugs,
G

Comments

Popular Posts