Rimmel Sexy Curves Mascara


I’m visiting my parents in good old San Jose and have been watching a LOT of TV. I rarely watch TV in New York, but my parents have a comfy cozy couch and it’s just so nice to have a cup of coffee and watch the telly here. I am a huge sucker for cereal commercials and beauty ads. I ran out of the house today to get some good old fashioned corn flakes (haven’t had some in a long time… and they surprisingly hit the spot) and ran out to get some Mascaaaaara. I really like the Rimmel commercials. I especially love it when Kate Moss or any of the other models say, “Get the London look.” I want the London look! How do I get that? I actually never tried to get the London look till today, when I wandered over to the Target store at good old Oakridge mall. I just had to try the Rimmel Sexy Curves Full Volume & Curve Mascara.

The website and the commercial say that the mascara will make your lashes up to 70% curlier! It also says that the formula contains an enriched collagen that contains proteins, vitamins and conditioners. This formula is supposed to strengthen your lashes and pump up the volume. It is also supposed to work for up to 16 hours. I bought the extreme black color. I love the look of very dark lashes, and I always stick to the blackest black (Color: 003 Extreme Black). The brush does not look like the typical mascara brush. It has these three bumps on it... almost looks like a little centipede trudging down a hill. Very cute! Rimmel refers to the brush design as the Triple Plump Blush.

So, you are probably wondering how I like it… I reeeaaaally like it! The brush is soooo easy to use. I didn’t have to fix, pull, separate, wash, or remove anything. Typically after using a mascara, I have to be ready with tissue, an extra mascara brush to remove the excess bumps…sometimes even a safety pin to separate extreme bumps (you know you’ve done it!!!). My lashes look soooo long, it makes me blush. Every lash is separated and defined. The true test of a good mascara for me is the cartoon test. My first exposure to long eye lashes, and their effect on others, was through cartoons. Ha ha! The cute fat little girl squirrel or skunk would see the man of her dreams, and immediately become coy and start fluttering her ridiculously long lashes. If I can imagine myself doing this… it means A) makeup artist has done a good job of fixing up my lashes… or B) I found an excellent mascara! Ha ha! I honestly can’t wait to come back to NY and show off my lashes!

So, just to let you know, I do have long, dark lashes to begin with. This mascara seriously gave me even longer lashes! I can feel the lashes hitting the top of my eye lid, without getting those annoying little marks! The mascara does not clump or flake! It does have a thickening effect as well. I’ve used some other mascaras that have added even more volume, but I’m not really into that look. I like the crisp, clean and defined look. While this mascara does add enough volume for my liking, it may not add the extreme thickness some of you are looking for.

About the curling effect… I applied the mascara in a way that a makeup artist once showed to me… curling your lashes without a lash curler. It’s a combination of how you move the brush and half blink at the same time. Don’t worry! S and I will post a video about it! This morning I applied the mascara without using the technique and it still curled my lashes… not as dramatic as yesterday, but they still curled! It has something to do with the design of the brush. The packaging says that where the brush curves in, contributes to lash volume, and the where it curves out, contributes to the curl. It really does do that! Also, the brush allows you to get to all those little lashes at the end. My only problem with the mascara is the color. While the mascara does look black (definitely blacker than the Maybelline Lash Stiletto black), it doesn’t have that shiny patent color finish which I adore.

I wore the mascara for about 6 hours yesterday, and today I am going to do the 16 hour test! Stay tuned… I will have an update this evening! I’m wearing some now! I am sitting at the computer, in my pajamas next to fat Lola (aka lady friend), my lashes looking more fabulous than ever! I asked her what she thought… “hey lady friend… check out my lashes. Hot right?” She looked at me with disgust, put her paw over her eyes and went back to bed. How catty!

I really like this mascara and will continue using it. I still like Maybelline’s Lash Stiletto for everyday use, but this one is perfect for going out! I know some of you would wear it everyday, but on me, it seriously looks like I have on false lashes. I’m not exaggerating… it is seriously noticeable. I really want to test the mascara out on M when I get back. M is very fair and very blond. Her lashes are very light as well. M get ready!

The mascara retails for around $7. Totally affordable!

Get ready to get your flirt on!

Hugs,
G

Comments

Popular Posts