Rock Out to Hot Candy Pink Lips: MAC Slimshine


Nude Lips No More. 

Although I have been trying to imitate the beautiful Miss J to the L-O since her nude lips first hit the screen in 1999, I have recently been told by people such as G that nude lips are not necessarily the right road to take ALL the time. 

I finally abandoned my quest to look cryogenically frozen this weekend when G and I stepped into Bloomie's MAC department, and I buckled and bought her recommended MAC Slimshine lip thing in Rock Out, $14.50. I call it a thing because it's not a gloss, but it's not a lipstick. 

Helped by a handsome young Nerd In the City, I ended up buying a HOT CANDY PINK shade, which is sheer. I will not, as the NitC told me, put it on like a whore in the movies (there always seem to be these tight shots of a lady of the night applying lipstick in film and television, don't there?). Instead, I will be dabbing it on to the middle of my lips and pressing them together to distribute the color. This way my mammoth lips will not look like Octo-Mom, and I can still wear a very perky, PINK, and tasteful shade of a lip thing (not lipstick). 

The formula is great when worn like this, because the light application soaks into your lips, so you won't go wearing it off on every champagne glass in the city. 

I just adore this color it's the hottest of hottest pinks. I balked at the thought, but thanks to G and the NitC, I bought it and can't wait to paint my face and walk around with my new perky pout. Supposedly better than looking like you were hit by the no-lips stick (i.e. supposedly better than looking all nekkid in the lip region. I still love you Jennifer Anthony Lopez). 

I can say this is no lie: Hot, Candy Pink Pouted Kisses!
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts