Befine Warming Clay Mask


Goodies, Goodies, Goodies! For those of you who attended our first ever event, you received a fun little goodie bag containing some fab beauty treats! A few of those goodies happened to be from one of my most favorite lines at the moment - Befine! Check out my reviews!

Yesterday afternoon I tried out the Befine Warming Clay Mask! Let me start off by giving you little rundown of my Sunday. Sunday laaaazy sunday. Ahhhhh! I started off the day by reading The Poisonwood Bible (excellent book!), then meeting M at a pub, and then having a fab dinner prepared by S, P, and SH! What a wonderful day... and to top it all off, I had time to apply a mask!

I love the Befine line because it is made from all natural ingredients sourced from plants or minerals found in nature! With all the product testing that I do, it nice to know that Befine is natural and safe. This mask contains the following ingredients:
  • Kaolin Natural Clay - Removes impurities and excess oil
  • Pomegranate Extract (Punica Granatum) - Powerful Antioxidant
  • Cardamon & Arnica - Anti-inflammatory
The mask is quite thick and a bit of an effort to apply. The package says to pat some water to your face prior to applying. I personally recommend patting extra water onto your face to make the application process a littler easier. (Tip: Apply the mask to your entire face avoiding your lips and the sensitive skin around your eyes. This is a heavy duty mask, so wear a thick headband to avoid getting it onto your hair) I immediately felt a soothing warming sensation from the mask. The warming sensation lasts for about a minute, about the time it takes to apply the mask.

So after applying the mask to my face, I went to wash my hands and had to use some hand soap to remove the mask residue. Most masks usually come off my hands with a regular water wash, but this one requires a little more elbow grease. I thought to myself... ok this means it's going to be quite an effort to remove from my face!

After about five minutes (the packaging recommends you leave the mask on for 5 minutes) I went to wash off the mask. I was right... it was an effort to remove the mask. I spent a few minutes washing off the mask, and when I finally removed it, I was left with a thick oily residue over my entire face. I thought to myself, maybe the purpose of this thicker residue is to lock in some extra moisture? I honestly couldn't handle the feeling of the residue, so I busted out my L'Occitane Immortelle Brightening Cleansing Foam. This gentle cleaner removed some of the residue by not all of it. I decided to just let my face be and check on it after about 2o minutes.

After about 20 minutes my skin looked so plump, fresh and moisturized. My skin had this glowy healthy look! I have very dry skin and the oil residue actually made my skin feel quite comfortable. I went to bed without applying serum or moisturizer (I did still apply eye cream). This morning when I woke up my skin looked fabulous! It still looked fresh and plump!

I will definitely use this mask again for my Sunday Facial. For those of you with oily skin, this may not be the best mask for you. And... for those of you who like that clean and smooth feeling after removing a mask, you won't find it with this mask. I do not recommend applying this mask prior to going out and meeting friends. This is an at home mask, ideally applied to your skin before going to bed.

This mask retails for around $16. Those of you ladies who received it in your goodie bag please let me know what you thoughts.

Hugs,
G


Comments

  1. I used the mask this weekend, too. I agree about the oiliness, but I like the extra oils on my face and skin felt smooth this morning when I woke up. I actually did some exfoliation beforehand with the BeFine exfoliator and the dryness of my skin which were a result of this weekend's stresses were instantly gone. I would definitely do this mask again because I like that it added some plumpness to my skin. X S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do not use this mask before going out. I made the mistake of not reading the glossbox review of it, and went ahead and put it on before my big 3-0 party. I don't think my skin looked as oily as it could have, but I had to definitely give my face a good scrub.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts