Dianne Brill Lip Gloss. You Think You're Chocolate But You're Chewing Gum.




My gum of choice is bubble. Coincides with my taste in music and choice in lip colors. 

So.


I just got a new lip gloss by Dianne Brill and everything about it is bubble gum! My favorite. 


Dianne Brill, as G. wrote, used to be a model and has a sexy, flirty line of makeup that she sells in exclusive boutiques.  They come packaged looking like something between indulgent chocolates and lingerie. 

Her lip colors are actually treatments, which are infused with the highest amount of vitamin E on the market. They are supposed to plump without the tingle and improve the condition of your lips when you wear them. I put on some of the treatment in hopes of healing my chapped lippies. This stuff is THICK. It definitely feels like you are wearing something on your lips. It forms a physical barrier against the elements if nothing else.

 Ms. Brill calls this pink stuff Lip Lingerie and I got it in the color Pinoir, $27. It is the PERFECT shade of Spring petal pink. The stuff is gooey in the pot, and it is best applied with a lip brush. It smells like a raspberry truffle, but not overwhelmingly so. If you're looking for it in NYC, they sell it at Michael Angelo's Beauty Wonderland in the Meatpacking District. Otherwise look for it online. 

I loved the color on me, it was totally natural flirt, young and skin-tone perfect pink. I have to say, the one drawback is that my hair did stick to it because this stuff is VISCOUS. Definitely not the right gloss for a windy day. 

However, I can't get over the sexy factor that my lips had. They were teenage pink. Just the color I look for. It lets me do a dense, vampy eye and still have a pretty, natural mouth. 

I look forward to wearing this color out this weekend and seeing what the boys think. You know, the ones I have to get off my shoe like chewing gum.

Looking for my Next Bubble to Blow* 
Kisses!
S. 

* PS. I love Nordic pop. Don't ask, it's so simple and it has all types of fun bloops and bleeps in it. Right now I am so into Annie. In fact, I listen to her single, "Chewing Gum" on repeat because it is just pure bubble pop. So all the little dirty lines are lifted from there. Check her out she has a lot of FUN music. Junk food music. I love it! 


Update: 3/1/09
I tried wearing this gloss out the other night and I had a big time problem. The sticky icky factor was too high, it didn't absorb into my lips and since my lippies were a little chapped to begin with, this formula just highlighted the chapped factor. The gloss is good for smooth perfect lips in a climate controlled environment, but fails with a BIG FAT F on chapped lips. If I use it from now on, I am going to use less than a touch. Which is sort of useless but whatevs. 

Comments

Popular Posts