Mailbag: A Good EyeLiner


From Reader HK:
"I Just saw your blog, and I love it. Can you suggest an eyeliner that's good to wear everyday? I want it to be really dark like Bobbi Brown's liquid eyeliner (the kind you put on with a brush). I would use that one but I can't find it anywhere anymore. Thanks!"

Dear HK, 

A good everyday eyeliner depends on how you wear your liner. If you like the the type you put on with a brush, you should definitely try Smashbox's Waterproof Jetliner (which I think is a GREAT liner). It works well on the tops of eyes and when lining the inner rims. It stays put and comes off quite reliably with a little eye makeup remover. 

If you have a dry eye -area and are not prone to having your liner run, I like the Nars Eye Pencil in Black Moon which is $20- It is a really creamy, dark pigment that is great for blending and softening if you don't really care for a highly defined line. I have been using it for about a year now, and I like it when I am on-the-go. I get a quick definition and I can always 'blend out' my mistakes with my fingers. I don't like this for lining my inner rims because it is slick and it will run. I like this better than the MAC pencils because it does have more 'grip'. But it's in my makeup kit, it's down to a nub, and when I am in  rush and don't have time to apply the Smashbox one with brush, you know I am throwing the Nars one in my purse and covertly applying it in the cab. 


 G likes the MAC liners-- I don't... She also recommends the Chanel Aqua Liner-- which I think is very good as well.

Smashbox has been my favorite for months now, I love it and I endorse it whole-heartedly. 

I hope that helps. 
Kisses!
S.

Comments

Popular Posts