Mémoire Liquide Custom Fragrances



I recently went to one of my favorite stores in NYC - Henri Bendel.  I had some time to kill before meeting a friend, so I decided to head upstairs to play around with some scents.  I was lucky enough to run into my handsome friend Vijay Uttam, who is a talented beauty expert and fashion stylist.  He introduced me to a line of customizable fragrances from the brand - Memoire Liquide, which has a collection of 160 base scents, separated into various categories:  Le Fleurist, Mélange Gourmandise, Les Ences, Bois et Espices, Les Tropiques, and Les Senteurs Musc. 




Vijay asked me what my scent preferences were, in order to custom blend a scent for me.  I prefer floral scents with a little fruit and spice, and something nice : ).  As you can imagine, I felt like a kid in a candy store.  There were so many beautiful scents to choose from - Orange Sanquine, Bisou au Chocolat, Nymphea, Tobacco Flower, Fleur des Tropiques, Black Fig, Jasmin hypnotique, Nudite Absolue, etc. We spend a good half hour testing out various custom blends. Vijay started by blending various types of vanilla, rose, neroli and musk scents.  While the scents were sweet and beautiful, I reminded myself of my New Year's resolutions, one of which is to be brave an try new things.  I requested that we stay away from Vanilla, Rose, and any citrus scents.  



We spent a good 40 minutes testing out various blends.  I don't think there is a limit to the number of base scents you can blend.  Some of the base scents are so lovely, that you could be very pleased with just one.  I believe there are about 4 different intoxicating rose scents to choose from.  What is amazing about this line is that you can custom create your own blend... a blend that no one else has.  No need to purchase fragrances by Britney, Beyonce, or Kim K. Be original and create your own!



After a great deal of testing, sniffing, and chatting, we finally chose a blend of two beautiful base scents.  Now, I can't tell you what base scents I chose, as it is my secret.  : )  I will tell you though that I chose an intriguing combination of a flower and a fruit.  The combination would shock you, as one would never think to put the two together.  It is sultry and mysterious, and I have received a few compliments and requests for it. All I can say is that it is my own custom fragrance created by a friend.


xo,
G

Comments

  1. This sounds like a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hira! It was such a lovely and fun experience : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog is nice.I am eager to buy and use your product now.Give us more blog like this .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts