Kate Sommerville 'Exfolikate Body' Intensive Exfoliating Treatment


Subheading, "When luxury is confused with Stupidity."

OMG- I cannot believe that the product developers behind this exfoliators think it's OK to charge $65 for something so REGULAR. 

This is a REGULAR exfoliator. In the 5oz tube, there are maybe 6-8 uses for my body. For $65 friggin dollars. I'm not cheap, but I'm not dumb either and there's no way I am going to endorse this product. 

 The bevy of ingredients from papaya and pumpkin enzymes and caffeine are supposed to leave your skin softer (than other exfoliants? Because it's not!). FAIL. Not that I recommend St. Ives Apricot Scrub for the face, but I DO recommend it as an affordable body scrub (way too harsh for the delicate skin on our faces).  My skin is not any better than when I use less expensive drugstore brands. 

The smell is nice, and the one positive thing about this product is that it doesn't leave that greasy grimy residue in the tub after use. But it's not $65 nice. 

I still can't believe how much product I need. Seriously, I've been rationing this stuff because it's like liquid caviar or something-- each use is costing me about $9. I need a large strawberry-sized squeeze for EACH leg (+feet) and another 2 for the rest of me. I'm larger than the average bear, but not to the point where I need to shop for special sizes, if you know what I mean. 

No more words wasted on how this is not the one to use when you want to get your exfoliation on. Get an exfoliating mitt and almost any drugstore body exfoliator and you'll be better off. TRUST. You don't have to get the oily stuff, but almost anything else will work almost as well for a lot less dinero. 

Save your money, honey!
Thrifty Kisses, 
S. 


Comments

Popular Posts