Clinique High Lengths Mascara


When I saw the brush to Clinique's High Lengths mascara, I was like, "augh another gimmicky mascara." I am so sick of the vibrating, caterpillar-y, round medieval weaponry-shaped mascara brushes. Give me a good old traditional mascara wand and I'll be happy. Ok this time I was wrong!

I actually reached mascara bliss with a weird, slightly curved, "toothy" brush from Clinique. Amazing. some genius made a wand perfectly curved to most eyes, with fine teeth that get all the way to the base line. They then filled the tube with really good mascara-- the type that thickens and lengthens without clumping, but has enough body to look good. And all of a sudden, I realized that I might just... explode with joy. 

The wand pulls out just the right amount of product, you can paint your 'base' lashes and draw it all the way to the ends without 'spider lash'. The precision applicator is so perfect, that you can even coat your bottom lashes without looking freaky. I subbed mascara on the bottom for my traditional eyeliner on the bottom, and I was getting compliments all night. 

One caveat: I have naturally up-turned lashes and big eyes. I don't know if this would be my first recommendation for short, downward pointing Asian lashes. This seems like it's the perfect mascara for 'scant' lashes and long lashes because it doesn't do that horrifying lash grouping nonsense. But short short lashes may only marginally benefit. 

So, I've been shunning Clinique for years. It was 'my first makeup' and that's how I've always viewed it: Something you buy when you're 11. 

Stop. Let's reassess. For $14, this is only a touch more expensive than a drugstore brand, and gives FAR better results. I couldn't be happier-- it's worth the price, and it's a good product. Also -- one last thing-- it comes off easily with makeup remover and is good for sensitive eyes. 

Living the High Life!
Kisses, 
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts