Tommy Girl: Smells Like Teen Spirit


Believe it or not, I have dipped into the Mixed Up Retro Perfumery Files of Miss S. and pulled out a winner. An old bottle of Tommy Girl by Tommy Hilfiger. 

I can't stop laughing or spritzing myself with this perfume. Originally debuting in 1996, the year I got my driver's license, this scent brings back SO many memories. 

It smells of possibilities. At 16, you don't know what the future holds. I personally thought I was going to be an international human rights lawyer or veterinarian. Tommy Girls smells like crushes on boys at summer school and Wallflower songs. 

In reality it's made up of floral, heather and sandalwood notes. It smells a little like hairspray and Target to some, but I got a compliment in the highest order when a very fashionable fashionista stopped me and asked what I was wearing. When I revealed to her (sheepishly) that it was le fancy perfume Tommy Girl, the Renaissance-- she told me it smelled very expensive on me! Yay! 

Also... the amount of people who tell me I smell good has gone up exponentially since I started re-using this scent. I think it jogs teen memories, the thrill of the unknown, and maybe flirting over lunch with that cute boy from Connecticut named Charlie. The familiarity has led to copious compliments from boys and girls... there's got to be something to this. My friend SS from childhood has never abandoned this scent, and I always love it on her too!

Viva Tommy Girl! 
Reunited and it smells so good. 

Any retro scents you ladies have dug up and fallen back in love with? Let me know! I am a perfume obsessed gal so I could comment on this for hours... Tea Rose- 4th grade, Tribu- 5th grade, Quelques Fleurs-6th grade, 7th grade, Jessica McClintock 8th grade... Do you see the SICKNESS???

Kisses!
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts