Oil of Olay Regenerist SPF 15.


Sing it: "Aaaaaaaat laaaaaaaaaast..."

And so it ends. My search for a daily moisturizer which is affordable, leaves my skin looking fresh, soft and dewey and gets me compliments (my favorite) has been rewarded. 
Oil of Olay's Regenerist Regenerating UV (15) Protection lotion, about $21 meets all my criteria for a face lotion. 

My skin is dry, oily in parts, prone to breakouts and I am just coming off of a 8 month nightmare acne ordeal. I use meds which dry out my skin, and I like in NYC which is never good for the complexion on account of all the pollution. This lotion has made everything more calm, manageable and my makeup looks less ashy when I put it on (you know when your skin is dry and your makeup looks a little more white because it grabs on to the dehydrated parts?). 

I can wear this under my makeup and it provides the softest finish to my skin-- like an airbrushed look, the likes of which I can only compare to my favorable results with the Creme de La Mer Lotion. 

My skin looks more even after having used it for 2 weeks. 
I also feel my pores look smaller. 

It's affordable. Ladies, the whole point of The Gloss Box is to help people save money on crappy products. Lord knows G and I incur countless expenses, but we pass on our findings to you. $21 for this cream is a STEAL compared to the $198 (before taxes) that I once paid for my Creme de La Mer (I feel ashamed to admit this, but I will try anything for soft-looking skin). 

I feel like I look young. I have been using expensive creams, and I feel that my skin looks the most youthful after using this lotion. This is not to say that I believe it "takes away" wrinkles or anything, I just mean I have the glow that young people have. That maybe I once had, but I was too horrified by all my teenage acne to realize. 

The one main drawback to this is that the cream is highly fragranced. I have sensitive skin and I have been able to tolerate it rather well, but I do avoid my eyes. On a sidenote I love creams that smell the way this one does because it reminds me of my mommy. But anyway... it would be my only suggestion: fragrance-free next time, Oil of Olay!

If you are out there looking for a good moisturizer with broad spectrum UV protection, this is the one I recommend. 

I have to thank an esthetician friend of mine for literally GIVING me this bottle because she felt my skin needed it. She is right, my dry skin needed a some help, and here it is. 

Relieved Kisses!
S. 

PS. The packaging keeps changing, but it always comes out of a pump. I love you Olay. 

Comments

Popular Posts