Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting Moisture with SPF 30 and Helioplex


In the last couple of years i've started to notice spots on my face. If you are a someone with darker skin you know exactly what I am talking about. Those annoying dark spots that appear about a week or two after a blemish has healed. These spots used to disappear after about a month when I was younger, but they seem to be taking much longer to disappear now! I try to convince myself that other people think they are freckles. I ask my friends, hair stylist, waxing technician... whoever will listen, about my spots. I look at them with a look of wide eyed fear and stress in voice and say, "these spots... ummm... they look more like freckles right?" They always say yes... ; )

About a year ago, I saw a Neutrogena commercial for Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting Moisture, featuring Gabrielle Union who has such beautiful, even and clear skin. She talks about how this moisturizer will diminish the look of those annoying little dark spots and overall skin discoloration. I decided to give this moisturizer a try about a month ago. Due to stress and lack of sleep i've been breaking out more and noticing more pesky little dark spots! Honestly, I was so excited to use this moisturizing because I imagined that all my dark spots would disappear... unfortunately they didn't.

The Neutrogena Ageless Intensives Tone Correcting Moisture contains:
  • Vitamin C - Helps to reduce the look of dark spots and even out skin tone
  • Retino SA - Works continuously to renew the look of skin throughout the day
  • Helioplex - Provides superior protection against skin aging UVA rays and helps prevent future discoloration
It all sounds great, but I want to see results! After about a month and a half of using this product I have not noticed any lightening of the dark spots on my face. That was the primary reason I decided to use this moisturizer, and it did not deliver. Also, I am not a huge fan of the consistency. It absorbs too quickly into the skin, which some might love, but it doesn't give me enough time to smooth it all over your face and neck. I find that I have to use three pumps of this moisturizer, which is just too much considering it is sold in a 1 FL OZ container.

I will say though, that this product does provide added moisture to my dry skin and has not caused my skin to break out at all. The SPF 30 does not hurt either, as I am huge proponent of never leaving the house without sunscreen. I did have high hopes for this product and am disappointed that there is no visible reduction in look of my dark spots. This product retails for around $19. Personally, this is a bit pricey for a drug store brand, and I would skip it.

For me the best thing I have found for smoothing out skin tone and reducing the look of dark spots is exfoliation. I love to exfoliate and probably do it a bit too much, but it does work for me. Check out the reviews of some exfoliators I have tested. Also, don't leave the house without applying sunblock! Hands down this is the best precaution for preventing future skin discoloration.

Sunblock.... don't leave home without it!

Hugs,
G





Comments

Popular Posts