Maybelline Lash Stiletto Redux.


It's been so long since I gave some love to drugstore mascara. Here's me showing Maybelline's Lash Stiletto a little lovin'. It's my favorite back-up mascara when I am out of Giorgio Armani's Eyes to Kill. 

Yay for the new brush in Lash Stiletto! It's a slim old-school pipe cleaner style brush. GOODBYE little rubber spiky messes! 

Lash Stiletto is really the best name for this mascara because it makes your lashes really long, and sort of pointed at the ends-- but keeps it lush as the base.  I can get my eyes framed, use the wand for a little smear and get out the door in less than 30 seconds. 

Sadly, it does not curl your lashes-- it keeps them straight. This works for me... but don't expect back bends from your cils. 

The stream-lined brush gets right down to the base of my lashes to help me get the "eyeliner" effect (I am a bit adventurous with my mascaras and I really like to pack it on). I even use it on the bottom (skilled appliers only) and get a great smudgy look, that, as Mugatu would say, "is so hot right now."

I am just so happy that it works like it says it will-- no false promises. Thick base to thin ends-- it really is like the heel of your favorite stiletto's. Short, straight downward-pointing lashes will probably not have success with this mascara-- but me, with long, sparse lashes-- well it's just what I have been looking for at a super affordable $8.20. You'll never be my first string player, but you'll always be my best bench warmer. 

That's not so bad!
Kisses!
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts