Laura Geller Baked Ethereal Radiance- Good to Glow


The sun is out, flowers are in bloom, and all of a sudden, my foundation doesn't match as well as it did when I was living in a gloomier Gotham city.

Along came a package from Laura Geller-- in it were some really fabulous items (and I don't say that to win any favors, I hope you know). Amongst the delectable bunch came Laura Geller's Baked Ethereal Balance color corrector - a 2-sided cake with a pearlized rose side and a marbleized yellow side. Baked because the colors really are toothsome and hardened into this compact.

The goal- brighten and balance the complexion by sweeping on a mix of colors, so as to appear most naturally radiant, my dear. The result- a truly well-adjusted complexion.

My face had become ashen and is taking on a ruddier tone as I tan little by little. My foundation was like a sickening mask-- I saw it in photographs for Pete's sake. It no longer is "my" foundation, it's really for and older winter version of myself. The color corrector arrived just in time, a few strokes instantly wake me up and make me look a lot more well-adjusted.

The pink side is almost too pink if you are not careful, and if you accidentally brush a fat streak of it on your nose-- well be prepared for a rose nose. The pearlized effect is also quite strong, but you CAN use this as a stand alone eyeshadow or blush when you want just a hint of a shimmery flush. I have been quite conscious of picking up as much of the yellow as possible. My dream version of this cake would be mostly yellow with just a quarter-sized pink presence on the palette. Say it 3 times fast.

The yellow side is heavenly- I brushed some on under my eyes and felt the camoflauging effects of the yellow over my grey dark circles.

This will be perfect for us Indian ladies because it really takes out that gessoed canvas or ash look and helps put SKIN COLOR back in the mix. I actually am able to spot treat my problem areas, and then go back over my face with this powder and still have an even skin look (I have a lot of SPOTS!).

What I find, is that I look forward to using this product and rely on it as an integral step of my makeup process. I put it on AFTER blush, in order to tone it down a little bit... and ladies... all I can say is that I've been getting nothing but compliments on how "pretty" my skin looks. It's because I don't look like I have makeup on because this palette helps me look more even.

Have I loved it enough?? $31 and I believe it will love you long time because it's a liquid that is baked and hardened into this marbleized formula.

Ethereal Kisses!
S.

Comments

Popular Posts