Chanel's Inimitable Mascara. Save Your Money, Honey.


Here is the first line of their copy, "In a single stroke it delivers it all: volume, length, curl and precise separation."

Add to that, mess, black crumbles at the end of the day under your lashes, spider lash. What it really delivers is a black hot mess. Long lashes, beware: No matter how much length you add, if they look over separated and scary, it's not very sexy. 

I am convinced the best mascara is the one that makes you look woodland creature-esque (think Disney animals), not swamp thang (daddy long leg lashes). I like thick and luscious lashes that can cause a small flurry of wind with their flutter. 

Don't buy this. 

 Hmm. I wore this mascara for over a week before returning it, hoping that it would somehow grow on me. Maybe my application was bad? Um no, application is my forte. It's been over 17 years since I fell in love with mascara, so I've got an adaptable technique. 

The problem is really with the brush and my lashes. Long lashes and intense separation just look wrong. The heavy formula makes for clusters of lashes to look like distinct big, hairy, thick protrusions from your eye. It was as if I had an unskilled child artist draw lashes on me as they would on a low-production value cartoon. 

Short, fine lashes: Although the brush is excellent in getting to your lash line, and yes, the formula does curl, the heaviness of the product may weigh down your precious lashes. $30? Are you mad, or what???

Mascara grade: C- 
E for effort
U for Unsatisfactory and inconsistent results. 

Keeping you informed!
Kisses
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts