Revlon ColorStay™ Liquid Lipstick


I must eat a lot of lipstick and lip gloss on a daily basis. The moment I put it on, about 5 minutes later it is off. It is really frustrating actually. My lips are quite pale, and a little lip color goes a long way for me. I need the stuff… badly! Whenever I get asked that silly question – If you could only have one make-up item what would it be… I say lip gloss!!! I’ve got loads of lip gloss in my apartment, in every hand bag and in every coat pocket. I’m truly addicted to the stuff! So, recently I’ve been on the look out for a long lasting lip color. I’m usually weary of these long wear lip colors because they make my lips really dry and chapped looking. I end up looking like I’ve rubbed Crayola markers on my lips. Very unattractive!
I recently tried out the Revlon ColorStay™ Liquid Lipstick in color #1 Nude (075). It’s that pinky mauve type of color that looks excellent on South Asian skin tones. I must say that when I first applied it to my lips, it glided on quite smoothly… like butta. The consistency is a little watered down for my taste, so when you pull out the wand you will need to rub some of the lip color back into the container because a little goes a long way! The color is quite saturated, so seriously… a little does go a long way! I’ve been using it everyday for the past week. It is one of the longest lasting lip colors I have ever used. I am a chatterbox and a snackerbox (my invented word for a person who snacks a lot) and the color last for hours! Mind you, after a few hours it is not as saturated as when you first apply it, but your lips will have color for hours! I will say though, that this liquid lipstick is by no means moisturizing. Wearing it alone will make you lips feel very dry and uncomfortable. This morning I applied it and layered it with a coat of Yes To Carrots Lip Butter. It looks fantastic and natural! I find it to be super annoying to constantly apply lip color all day long… and oftentimes wonder how unhealthy that might actually be! The Revlon ColorStay™ Liquid Lipstick is a good alternative to constant lip color application. This lip color retails for around $10. There are 20 shades available, which can be purchased at any major drugstore.

So, my honest opinion of the lip color is that I like how it adds a lovely long lasting color to my very pale lips, but it quite drying! The Revlon website says the following:

• Food-proof lipcolor with a built-in, ultra-conditioning topcoat
• One-step application- No topcoat required for comfortable wear
• Stays comfortable and wears beautifully for up to 12 hours
• Does not feather or fade; no touch-ups required, even after meals
• Available in 20 full-coverage, soft satin shades

This lip color is by no means ultra-conditioning! You absolutely need to wear something moisturizing on top! For now, I will wear it as a base color, because at the moment I have not found a better alternative. But don’t worry ladies… I am still on the look out for a long lasting lip color, and by gosh I will find one, or maybe invent one of my own!

Hugs,

G

Comments

Popular Posts