MAC Spring Colour Forecast 3 Vintage Grape Ombre Blush




As I write this, I don't know if the excitement and adrenaline running through my veins is the result of my third cuppa tea or the sheer giddy thrill I get when I talk about or look at my latest acquisition: MAC's Blush Ombre in Vintage Grape, $25, as part of their Spring Colour Forecast series. Yes, my darlings, purple blush that comes in a shaded palette ranging from mid tone pink/violet to a plummy cabernet.  

Sometimes, I worry that my like for the color purple gets a little cheesy (I just bought a plum mascara... Oops).  But the moment I used this palette, I was squealing, like someone had just sent me flowers for Anna Howard Shaw Day  (aka Feb 14th). 

Ok so here's the deal: Went to a daytime fashion show yesterday and decided to use my purple blush. Just the slightest tap pulls up enough color from the lighter end of the spectrum-- the finely jet milled pigments are far superior to the average MAC blushes, but require a light and skilled hand when applying. The result was almost a deep bitten fuchsia blush. Take care to use the right brush, because the color deposit will resemble rosacea if you are not careful. 

My rosy cheek made my eyes pale in comparison, so I tapped my ring finger into the deep end of the blush and used it as an eyeshadow. The result: perfectly blendable and highly pigmented rich red grape shadow for my eyes, which I built it up into a suitable daytime smoky eye (the purple right over my lid, and then blending it out into a believable rose towards the brow made the look seamless and not too girl-up-in-da-club). 

I did not look like a clown, the name "grape" is misleading-- turns out to be a thick juicy plum shade when swept lightly onto the cheeks. The blush is really suitable for brunettes, especially yellow/olive, and deep mocha to blue-black skin. I personally have a yellow/pale look and love pastel pinks and peaches-- so a purple palette as a blush was a departure from the safety dance I usually do with rouge. But it's strikingly gorgeous when correctly applied. (I would say, Redheads stay away). 

The other delicious ombre palettes from MAC looked wonderful, but I know the Vintage Grape is so unique, it's going to sell out (speaking of, can someone- anyone! alert me if you come across the Nars Shadow Pencil in Goddess. 3 Month waiting list. Can you believe!?)

I feel I will own this forever (or until I drop it and shatter it like ALL my other blush cakes. Klutz-o). 

So bottomline: Get this thing FAST. It's a blush, it's a shadow it's the kookiest, most beautiful utilitarian palette in the history of my makeup buying and using. 

J'adore. 

Kisses!
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts