Ryan Darius Salon


I want to go back to the girly clubhouse in the Village. Just below Union Square, on the south east corner of 12th St at 6th Avenue sits this charming little salon. 

Tastefully decorated withe French doors and mirrored furniture, the intimate salon is run by the extremely cute and smiley Ryan Nickulas. I walked in the other day in a total stressed out about the frizzy mangey mess on my head. I just could not get it to look healthy. I wanted a Keratin straightening treatment. Ryan was super honest, told me with the volume of the mange, it was going to run me around $500. Sorry hun, not iTe (in THIS economy-- yeah I'm still hurting). Instead he suggested I get a blow out and try out the Keratin maintenance serum ($45 for the serum). 

I did the blow out, and appreciated his honesty as to my options for my hair (PS the stuff really did make my hair feel better and has been helping me with my blowouts, not the same results as the actual Keratin treatment, but it's still WAY better than anything I have been using off the shelf).

I read that Ryan does his cuts dry-- and apparently he is excellent with coloring, too.I need to schedule this there, ASAP.


 While I was there, I also got a manicure by their in-house nail tech TJ.  So good! Especially after my totally disastrous Chinatown emergency manicure, having TJ treat me like a princess with his firm and confident manicure (yes, it does make a difference who does the mani). They use all Butter London formulations which are 3-free: Formaldehyde, Toluene, and DBP (all the things that are especially harmful if you is preggers). And not to mention, gorgeous and chic. I went with a muddy clay/gray mushroom color called Fash Pack (sounds ugly, but I've been getting nothing buy compliments ALL week). The best part of the mani is that they honor chips for up to a week. I really appreciated that the manicure was executed perfectly, and has lasted me almost all week. 

I loved just being in the salon, it was just the way I would want my house to be decorated. It was orchids, and wallpaper and Louis Vuitton trunks as coffee tables. Insouciant little touches which I L-O-V-E. 

It's not less expensive here, but it's a wonderful, very personal experience. It's hard to find salons where you trust the stylist, and feel welcome-- especially when you first move somewhere. I really really liked the energy and people at this salon, and the services which I had performed on me. I want you guys to check out this salon! 

Check out the website, and give them a call. I can't even tell you how nice and how cozy this salon is. I won't call it cute, because it's way too tasteful and elegant. 

Have fun and let me know what you think once you visit. 

Kisses!
S. 



Comments

  1. Thank you for posting on the Ryan Darius Salon! You did such a great job expressing the genuine treatment one would get by visiting their salon. You convinced me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much! I hope you have a great experience as well!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts