Lipstick Queen – Fifteen Minutes of Fame – Pop Art Gloss


Last weekend I had a much needed day of beauty. I started off with an amazing manicure from Sakura Nail Spa, a Japanese nail salon in LES (35 E 1st Street, 212-722-1334) that offers Calgel Manicures. S always has the most beautiful clean looking nails, so I knew I had to give this place a shot. Apparently her manicures last three weeks without a chip. Calgel is a nail gel that is actually good for your nails. It comes in so many gorgeous colors. Many glam girls, including S, like to get the Calgel nail design. You can literally get any design you or your nail technician can dream up, from images of Hello Kitty, rhinestone design work, lovely little 3-D hair bows. I’ve had my manicure for over a week and it still looks great. This is a really big deal for me! I am the girl who ruins her manicure the moment she walks out of the salon. I don’t know what I do differently from other women, but my nails always seem to get messed up. I love Calgel! My nails are so much stronger and so glam. I can’t stop looking at them. I am looking at them now. They look so pretty while I type! He he!

Bold
So, after my manicure I headed over to my fav hair salon, Michael Angelo's Wonderland Beauty Parlour to get a haircut from the fabulous Tiffani. If you know me, you know I am so paranoid about cutting my hair. I’ve had one too many bad haircuts, and have become oh too conservative when it comes to changing my hair style. Tiffani always gives me the best haircuts, and is always encouraging me to cut a bit more off. During the last few weeks, I’ve started to notice that my hair was getting waaaay too long, and starting to resemble that of a lions wild mane. You know your hair is getting too long when it gets stuck in your arm pits, zippers and hand bags. My hair was literally making me late for appointments! Getting angry at your hair is never and good thing so I decided to let Tiffani take off a few inches. Of course as always, she did an amazing job, and my hair looks fabulous!


As usual, when I go to visit Tiffani, I always end up perusing the lovely beauty section after my haircut. S and I love Lipstick Queen, and I noticed that the owner Poppy King just came out with a new lip gloss collection called Fifteen Minutes of Fame. The line is inspired by the pop art style of Andy Warhol, who in 1968 predicted that “in future everyone will be famous for 15 minutes.” How true is that! The line of glosses is absolutely splendid and comes in 15 delectable, lip popping shades, each of which represent a minute of fame. It is the perfect pop of color and applies like butter! The gloss is neither sticky nor shimmery. A very professional, modern yet fabulously fun gloss to wear. I absolutely love shades 3 Min and 4 Min. 4 min is a lovely pinky mauve, a color that I am known to wear often, and 3 min is a gorgeous pinky watermelon like color, that looks oh so loverly, giving your lips that oh so precious pouty perrrrrrfect look! I am addicted to 3 min, and know I will run out of it very soon! The tubes are too small! Poppy is a smart business woman, my little dears. The gloss retails for around $15. Certainly not a bad price, but a lot less gloss than I am used to getting. While the color and consistency are quite appealing, the staying power is lacking. I am constantly applying the stuff! Poppy, if you or any of your people are reading this from your lovely office or home down under... please offer larger tubes of this lovely gloss!!!


Hugs,
G

Comments

  1. OMG!!!!!!! I capital A adore these glosses. I got 11minutes which is royal purple in the tube and perfectly wine on the lips. It is simply divine, gorgeous, with the best colors. I can't believe you beat me to this post. They are going so fast, but they are amazingly wonderful lip colors. xxx s

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts