Lipstick Queen Big Bang Illusion Lip Gloss by Poppy King (and Why I think it's the Single Best Gloss on the Planet)


I thought it would be too lazy to headline this post, "All Hail the (Lipstick) Queen" -- speaking of lazy, where have I been all this time? Who knows, product testing, gallivanting, pouting my lips somewhere, slathered in Illusion Gloss... 
Poppy King's Lipstick Queen Big Bang Illusion Gloss in Creation, $20 has changed the whole lip slip game for me.
Ratings are based on texture, stickiness, smell, longevity and compliments and color.

 As a devotee of rosy lips, and possessor of sort of a long mange of a mane, the sticky factor on any gloss has to be low. Witness my hatred for MAC's Lip Glass. Illusion Gloss doesn't stick, it passes the hair test. 
As a person who isn't as hydrated as one should be, especially in the long winter months ahead, I need a luscious gloss which leaves my lips feeling the sweet, slippery release of hydration for hours on end. Score 10,000 points on this front for The Queen, her glosses leave just enough product on for hours on end to make me feel un-dry. 

As a woman who cannot stand cloying scents right under her nose-- and is especially averse to heavy, fruity or artificial coffee and toffee smells, score more points for this completely UNSCENTED lip gloss. 

As for the color itself, Illusion is simply the prettiest most flattering neutral rosy shimmering pink on the market. And the ultimate test-- the one where people come up to you and ask you what you are wearing and where they can get it... well it passes with all the colors of the rainbow. 
My friend, MS wears all the products from this line and she is the one who turned me on the The Queen. I can't wait to spread the glossy word from The Gloss Box. I can't love a lip product or shade more-- my day is not complete until I get this on my lips. Ack! It's my Creamy Crack. My Glossy Addiction. The best part of my day is reaching into my bag and retrieving the slim gloss. 

OH MY Glossy Kisses!
S. 
 

I am bestowing upon it The Gloss Box seal of Most Awesome Things on Earth.  

Comments

Popular Posts