Giorgio Armani Crema Nera Eye Cream


Augh. All of a sudden, I have been thinking... that I SHOULD be thinking about getting older. Step 1: Sunscreen (check!) step 2: eye cream. (Get on it, S!). 

As I was dabbing on concealer a few weeks ago, I noticed that I had dry and rough skin under my eyes. I don't know if this is the result of using a new waterproof eyeliner -- which can be drying-- or if this was a result of my skin losing moisture as a result of aging (breathe, S, breathe). I immediately marched over to Bloomingdale's in the morning, prepared to spend whatever it took to help sort out my undereye situation. 

I had tried out the Creme de la Mer undereye serum months ago-- and, even as a sample, I remember it being good. But I didn't want to go that route. On a whim and with 5 minutes to buy the cream and get out of there, I took an executive decision to try out the new-ish Giorgio Armani Crema Nera Eye $150. 
I had tried a little sample over the summer, and remembered that it was good-- I wanted more, but I didn't have enough to really get the 'effects' of it. I bought it and here's what I've found:

I use this cream everyday and have been using it for about 6 weeks. Even though I am pretty sure that this should last me at least 150 days (so it's really like I just paid a dollar a day)-- aside from hydration, I haven't experienced amazing results. The good thing is sometimes I tap it on over my makeup too, and it really gives me a dewy fresher look. 

Here's the official claim, " Obsidian minerals with specific anti-aging ingredients reduces dark circles and puffiness."

YES - my undereye region is no longer dry and it's more hydrated. 
YES- it wears well with my makeup. 
YES it brightens my eye area through the use of it's micro-particles. 

I still have dark circles, and I haven't noticed that it tones down puffiness on the morning when I have goldfish eyes. 

Oh the packaging is way too fancy. I know, I know, everyone loves a beautiful jar or bottle (me too) but they should've just made this cream $50 less expensive so I could justify buying it rather than feeling a touch guilty even writing about how much it cost. 

DO I regret buying this cream? NO. I don't believe in underye miracles, and this cream allows me to have brighter under eyes that are hydrated and it mixes well with my makeup. It's OK-- I believe the word would be M-E-H, ladyfriends. If you have $150 burning a hole in your pockets and don't now where else to turn, here's an option. It's not great, but it's better than bad, but it's not good. Get it? Got it? Good. 

Kisses!
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts