Bobbi Brown Glitter Gloss. It's Better Than Bad. It's Good.


No way would you ever call me conservative! Ok except for my sort-of inflexible attitude towards the importance of Thank You notes. And the way it bothers me when people don't know how to eat soup. And perhaps the fact that I bought my sister the book called Tiffany's Table Manners for Teens and I used to quiz her on it so she could have a leg up on politeness which can never be too overrated in society. 

So maybe my resistance to Bobbi Brown's Glitter Lip Gloss in Rave, $19 was rooted in this internalized conservatism. It is, after all, a very glitter-flecked merlot gloss-- looking like something that should accompany Punk Revival Barbie instead of a girl staring 30 6 months off into the future. 

I finally built up the courage to stick my finger in the palette and apply the glitter gloss to the often-referenced big mouth. To my surprise, the glitter was not offensive and didn't make me feel like I should be surreptitiously drinking Jaeger shots before a night where I was destined to end up grasping for the cold tile in the bathroom. Instead, I had a sophisticated grape-y color on my lips, giving me a darker look than I am used to-- but I can't say I didn't like it. I did, however notice I was leaving behind a subtle glitter trail on every glass I sipped and I had to reapply a couple of times. Dab on, I should say.  

A quick lesson the difference between glitter, shimmer and shine. Glitter is little flecks of sparkly particles, usually mica, and you can clearly see that there are millions of individual little pieces in your gloss. Shimmer is a pearlescent finish which glimmers -- often iridescent. Shimmer is when you see different colors in different lighting and at different angles-- such as a pink dead on and then white-ish finish in the light. Frosted lipsticks which were popular in the 1980s are a predecessor to the modern shimmer gloss. Shine is just straight up lacquer! The bright reflective surface is just the light bouncing back at a highly reflective surface.   I shouldn't be able to break this down so clinically. We'll launch into a comment on "this is one of the reasons I don't have a boyfriend" in 3... 2... 1... 

Anyway let's go back to the matter at hand. Bobbi Brown did not do us wrong with her glitter gloss. Yes it's a silly thing, and not an essential, but definitely a playful and slim little square case that's OK if you aren't afraid to stick your finger in it. Your Fun time friend. Now... I can't wait to wear it to the next glam event and maybe, just maybe, trick a boy into kissing me with it on. I'll be marking my territory with glitter and no one else will want him for the night. Excellent plan, S. EXCELLENT plan! 

GLITTERY delight Kisses!
S. 

Comments

  1. You are sooo witty and charmful!! I don't know why there is no boyfriend and I love your mischievous plans! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts