Bigelow Protein Enriched Conditioner. No.


Oh this weekend has been filled with excitement! G met her precious Gerry on the street and I... well I had a pretty decently happy weekend.  A huge part of me having fun, and I am not ashamed to say this--- is having a great hair and makeup. Look at my style idol J to the L-O. She shows up for her surprise 40th birthday party in full Oscar's regalia. Surprise my foot! Who just, "goes out for dinner" looking like you're accepting your lifetime achievement award for being a fly girl. Google it, you'll see what I mean. 

Anyway great hair and makeup are directly proportional to the amount of fun I have on any given night. My hair this weekend was just OK! And I blame it on this new conditioner. So in an effort to get the most bang for my buck, I moved away from my absolute fave Oribe conditioner and went for a $12 bottle of C.O Bigelow Protein Enriched Conditioner. Apparently it is good for color-treated hair-- a must for my dry and slightly damaged hair. 

Here's the deal: I don't like the cheap, fruity Bath and Bodyworks grade smell, and the conditioner weighs my hair down on the second day. So disappointing. How am I supposed to stretch out my blowouts if the second day makes me feel like I am wearing a greasy weave on my head? Not having it. J LO would not accept such behavior from her wig (PS It's all natural hence the scalp oils). Perhaps in the winter, we can revisit this-- but for now, it's too greasy-- and don't get me wrong, I am not afraid of a little oil in my champu. Oils make the world go round. 

I can see the soft, but not feeling the silky or the shine with thi s too-heavy formulation. I would rather pay a little more and have better hair!!!

The quest for the shiny, soft luxurious and AFFORDABLE conditioner continues. 

Kisses!
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts