Wizard of Flaws. Indeed.


When most people think of London, it's the normal CULTURE! Arts! Music! Shopping! 

When I think of London, I think Boots (London's ubiquitous Drugstore)! and consequently Better Drugstore Products. I used to ask all my friends traveling to/from/via London to please pick me up some awesome Impulse deodorant because I was convinced the formulation was way stronger than what the FDA would allow, and therefore better. I recently failed a self-inflicted sniff test, so I think my theory needs to be tested out some more. 

Well nevermind that little blip. I still think foreign products are superior. Except the tampons. TMI. But what do the French have against applicators. Is it the trash created? Because I swear, their state-sanctioned Eiffel Tower keychains sold on the CE are way more pollutant. Ok this is not the time and place to discuss this. 

Anyway back to Boots in London:
This time, a cute little line caught my eye: Soap and Glory. I bought 2 products from there-- Glow Job (love it) and Wizard of Flaws (love it more). Tragedy-- thinking I was so cool, I didn't realize I overpaid, it's not just available in England, and you can buy it at Target for $15.99.

Marketed as the only trick a trick needs (I embellish)-- Wizard of Flaws is nothing but a pearlescent and convenient light reflectin' potion in a click click pen with a brush tube. You can use it under your eyes, on your cheekbones and supposedly around your mouth to 'smoke and mirror' your way to beauty. 

I have been using it for about a week, and I love the color, the consistency and the result (light reflector, not a concealer, Pumpkins so don't get all confused). The major drawback is the click click brush design (it's all in a tube, you click up and the product comes out from the brush tip).  The brush bristles HURT my face (the gentle flower that I am, Princess and the Pea style, I can feel the rough synthetics scratching my delicate face skin). To avert this, I dab the product on with my fingers. 

The pretty color, and the special luminizin' effect and easy- blend formula makes this the best light reflector I have ever used. I love the way my cheekbones look, especially in flattering bar and candle-lighting situations. I highly recommend this for your makeup arsenal. Used in conjunction with a concealer, it makes my eyes bright and sparkly, and deflects attention away from my newly acquired and heavily concealed blemishes. EW did someone put the damn evil eye on me. What's up with all these blemishes!! Ack. 

Go and get it!
Pretty kisses!
S. 


Comments

  1. I love Soap & Glory products! It's great that you can get them at Target and I think the packaging and names are adorable. Also love that the line was founded by Marcia Kilgore creator of Bliss. My sister and I love the 'Scrub Your Nose In It' face scrub/mask combo and I've also heard good things about the body scrub for dry skin.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts