Sara Happ Lip slip - Oh so moisturizing!


I have very dry lips and am constantly applying lip gloss, lip balm and chapstick.  I’m known for it!  Every hand bag I own has at least four lip somethings in it!  I recently discovered an excellent heavy duty lip balm at a beauty event I attended in NYC a few months ago.   I met a girl by the name of Sara Happ who created her own lip balm and lip scrub. Both products come in lovely little boxes tied up in a bow.   So tempting…I just had to have them!  The Lip slip is great to apply after you have applied the Lipscrub.  It’s a perfect lip buffing and conditioning treatment.  It is infused with Sweet Almond, Jojoba & Macadamia nut oils. Your lips will look smooth, refreshed and hydrated.  The Sara Happ Lip Slip retails for $24 It’s quite a big tub of gloss, so it will last you a while. 

 

This balm is very pale pink color… so light infact that it makes my lips look oh so pale.  When I met Sara, she was wearing it all by itself and it looked fabulous!  It gave her a very retro glam look.  If you have fair skin the Lip slip looks fabulous on its own.  Give yourself a smoky eye, a light dusting of blush (optional) and then a thick coat of the balm.  Fabulous!  For dark skin like mine, it’s better worn mixed with another color.  I honestly like to slather the stuff on before I go to bed.  The stuff stays put!  You wake up in the morning and it is still on your lips.  It’s turbo balm!  My lips are sealed!  Literally!  


I have a few issues with the Lip Slip.  On the sticky scale, 10 being Elmer’s glue on my lips (done it in 1st grade… it kinda tasted good) and 1 being smooth like butta. I would rate this at a 7.5.  Besides all the good for you ingredients in the balm, the stickiness is what keep it on your lips.  Unfortunately, this makes it difficult to remove from your lips. When I say it stays put till the early morn... it really does!  Also, you have to use your finger to apply the balm onto your lips (S and R hate that!).  Getting it on your hands can be a sticky situation.  Besides all that, I really do like the Lip Slip and will continue to use it to moisturize my dry lips before going to bed.  For those of you with fair skin the beautiful pale pink color and shimmers of glitter will make you look oh so pretty while taking a stroll through Central Park or while checking out the scenery at the Surf Lodge in Montauk.


 

Enjoy!

Hugs,

G

Comments

  1. Yeah we do! One thing I had a problem with was the white film though...what about you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you scrub your lips first, all the dead skin will be gone and the lip slip will go on so smooth. They're meant to work together. luv this brand..

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that's a good point. The scrub can be a bitch to get off, so you have to wipe your lips down with the washcloth after putting on the scrub to help slough away all the dead dermis.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts