Oribe Royal Blowout. Somewhat Satisfaction.


As you will recall I love all the products from the Oribe line that I have used thus far. This one IS an exception. To say I love it would be a bold-faced lie. 

Oribe Royal Blowout is a mist-on hair product that is meant to speed up drying time and help you achieve a smooth and sleek blowout. After properly using this spray, you will have light, straight hair-- not protected against humidity. It's a good aid for people who really want just STRAIGHT hair. 

It actually does speed up the drying time. In fact, it dries my hair so quickly that I almost hesitate to use it if I am not blow drying immediately after using. You put it in the mid shaft of your hair and will notice that your hair is dry within minutes. But not a nice soft dry, like a frizzy weird, textured dry. I don't know why!

I will warn you of 2 things: It dries quickly and definitely does not help bring out the beautiful soft waves in wavy hair. Secondly, this spray does nothing to combat humidity. Don't put it on and think you will be protecting the shaft against the effects of moisture: you won't!

Also, know when you use this spray that you will be getting very straight hair. I like a little wave at the ends-- I like soft moveable not-super-straight hair, which is the only reason I am not 100% in love with this product. Otherwise, feel free to spend your $42 on this spray. Yes, it's super expensive and there are better products on the market. But if you feel your hair is weighed down by products such as Oleo Relax By Kerastase, this may be your answer. 

Enjoy!
Light and Straight Kisses!
S. 


Comments

  1. It's funny, my hairdresser used this today on my hair, and I was reading and when I looked up, I saw this frizziness going on, just like you describe. It was gone by the end, but for $42, I don't need that panic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lynn your comment is so funny! I have to use the line, "...for $42 I don't need the panic." I'll footnote you, promise. x S

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts