Max Factor Masterpiece MAX Mascara


I was chatting with a lovely-lashed girl yesterday and she reminded me of why I want my own line of mascara. Mascaras, you see, should be based on your hair type. 

Curly lasses have curly lashes and I would recommend a relaxing luxuriant lush mascara without a fat brush because you would hit the top of your lid. Super straight haired curls need something like the 90's "Le Curl" from L'Oreal (which really curled my lashes to the sky) so that they don't have to employ a lash curler and a mascara separately. Long and thin or scant lashes need the fat delivery brushe like Fresh Super Nova and Diorshow. 

Anyway while I was away in Dublin, I popped into the Boots on Grafton Street to inquire after the preferred mascara of the Irish. Everywhere I went, I saw that eye makeup was favored by the pretty and trendy hometown girls. The winner was Max Factor's Masterpiece MAX Masacara. At almost 14 Euros, it was the equivalent of buying a fancier mascara from the department stores. 

With this mascara and it's 'rubber grub and caterpillar' brush, every single one of my lashes was touched with product. It doesn't clump, but it pays so much individual attention to every lash-- it looked like I had put on the cheapest falsies available. It wasn't a good look for me (a girl with thin but long lashes). The formula was also smelled very distinctly of drugstore makeup-- sort of an Earthy meets chemical smell. It says it is safe for contact lens wearers, so if smell doesn't mean a thing to you, go for it. 

I would recommend this product to all the short, dense lashed girls out there. I think it would make you look like you have thick, lined, eyes-- and you could skip the liner. Personally, it's too much product, not enough dense, luscious drama. It's also a UK and Ireland exclusive for Boots, so if you're traveling, remember my caveats when you pick this one up. 

The Good: Great for short, thick lashes-- you can ditch the eyeliner and go straight out with mascara. 
The Bad: Lashes were too separated (not clumpy, which is a plus).
The Ugly: The Smell, and also-- you could pay a couple of Euros more and get the highly recommended Diorshow. NOT RECOMMENDED for thin lashes (you'll be sad to see that you count out exactly how many lashes you have!) 

Fluttery Kisses!
S.  

Comments

Popular Posts