Shiseido Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion - SPF 55


I am a huge proponent of Sunscreen! I never leave home without applying the stuff! I recently read some good reviews about Shiseido's Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion in SPF 55. I have tried a few Shiseido products in the past and been quite happy with the results.

I tried Shiseido's Ultimate Sun Protection Lotion in SPF 55 for the first time at the Revlon Run/Walk For Women. I have to say that I was very disappointed! I have very dry skin and need a sunblock that provides moisture and applies easily. The consistency of the sunscreen is very thin and watery. As soon as you pour it out into your hands, you have to quickly slap the stuff onto your face, and as soon as it touches your face, it seeps into the exact spot where you applied it! It absorbs too quickly! I didn't even have time to smooth it onto the rest of my face! It is also extremely drying. My face felt tight and uncomfortable throughout the walk. It honestly feels like someone sucked the moisture out of my face.

I didn't want to discount the sunscreen immediately. I might have just been having a bad skin day and the icky overcast weather may have made my skin feel even worse. I tried it out a few more times after, and had the same results! Worse yet, it left a white residue on my skin. if you have a darker skin tone like mine your face will look grey and chalky. Very unattractive...

I will say though that my skin did not tan while wearing this sunscreen. If you are one of those people (Indian Girls!!!) who are obsessed with not getting tan, this sunscreen will make you happy... but be prepared for a chalky residue. This sunscreen will work better on those of you who have a lighter skintone and normal to oily skin. It retails for around $35. Pricey if you ask me! Don't worry... I'm still on the lookout for the best sunscreens!

Protect yourself!
Hugs,
G

Check out S and my recos for sunscreens!

Comments

Popular Posts