Nars Lip Gloss Color Tempest


I may not be a huge fan of all of Kim Kardashian's antics, but I am a huge fan of her look. Her makeup is flawless! She has such gorgeous skin and knows how to play up her features. Kim K has mastered the art of the smoky eye and perfect nude lip! I recently did a Google search on her makeup and discovered that she uses the Nars Lip Gloss color in Turkish Delight. The name Turkish Delight sounds sooooo exquisite. I remember reading The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe in elementary school, where I first heard about Turkish Delight. It sounded like the most delectable and delicious sweet treat ever. I made my mother go and hunt some down, and was highly disappointed when I tasted it. I don't know what I was expecting... I guess it is an acquired taste, like most Indian sweets. 

Anyway, I recently was at Sephora, very excited to try out the Nars Lip Gloss in Turkish Delight, and again, just like in elementary school, I was highly disappointed.   I'm not saying it's a bad color. It just doesn't look good on me. Kim Kardashian is about 3 shades lighter than me, so I should have known that it wouldn't look the same on me. My lips are already pale to begin with, so the nude color really made me look washed out... like I kissed a cake with light frosting. The look was not attractive. (although... kissing a cake does sound quite appetizing! I am very hungry at the moment... coffee diet is not working!!! Do not try at home!!!)

I decided to experiment with some of the other Nars Lip Glosses. After testing out a few shades I found one that gave me that perfect Kim K nude lip pout. The Nars Lip Gloss color Tempest is the perfect nude color for darker skin tones! The color is highly pigmented and glossy. Your lips will pop. It's a mix of mauve and pinky brown. I've worn the lip color with a smoky eye and without, and the color looks great. It's very natural and give your lips a plump look. On the sticky factor (10 being Elmer’s glue on my lips and 1 being smooth like butta), I rate it at a 4. although the consistency is quite smooth and buttery, it is not all that moisturizing. I recommend applying a moisturizing balm underneath it.

In terms of staying power, I am applying it quite a often. It really only stays on my lips for about half an hour. I do have a tendency to eat my lip color off my lips more quickly than others do though. I do wish the color lasted a bit longer. I feel like I'll run out of Tempest in about 3 weeks if I used it regularly. The Nars Lip Glosses retail for around $24. I love the way this color looks on my lips and will definitely be purchasing it again when it run out!

Get yourself that perfect nude pout!

Hugs,
G

Comments

Popular Posts