Duross and Langel- Fantastic Discovery in Philadephia



 
I was recently in Philly for my cousin JR's (Now JC!) wedding. She looked fantastic and the staying in the heart of Philadelphia was such a treat. I especially enjoyed discovering new stores, and was lucky enough to stumble into a lovely soap shop called Duross & Langel

Heaven to me! I have been to lots of bath and soap shops where they cut you custom pieces out of those lovely soap cakes... but this shop was different. With so many custom and special scents, I was  going a little nutty and spending lavishly on things that were purely an indulgence. 

Duross & Langel begin with their all-natural vegan approved soaps with a base of pure coconut, safflower and olive oils. They then add soothing natural extracts, soy proteins, aloe vera and moisture rich shea butter for skin softening hydration. I bought many things there, and I couldn't pick a favorite scent, so I picked the oddest one. Banana Yogurt! (about $7 for an average sized bar). It's a gentle, creamy banana smell which is so incredibly silky and smooth and not gross at all. I normally would never pick out something so... gross-sounding (ew, banana yogurt showers seem like you would never get 'clean')-- but this soap is AWESOME. My mouth waters every morning. 

I have been using this soap for a few days, and although I cannot say that I am experiencing incredibly soft or hydrated skin-- nothing bad has happened either. I do look forward to the silky bar every morning when I step into the shower. I love the way is feels against my body in the shower, and I love the way the smell is subtle but satisfying. It's definitely an indulgent treat more than anything else. It's probably best for people with ultra-sensitive skin who dry out with all the sulfates and fillers in commercially available body washes like Caress and Oil of Olay. 

My sister V and I also bought their all natural vegetable enzyme deodorant. I can't wait to tell you all about it, because it's VERY VERY GOOD! They have many different personal care products, but I only bought the soap and deodorant... I wish I could have gotten more, but budgets disallow such luxuries. 

I tried to speak to the owner, Steve, but he was busy so I wasn't able to hear the story of how Duross & Langel came about. From their website, they express their commitment to safe and natural cosmetics and personal care products. After visiting their store, I believe that they are truly there to bringing us environmentally sound and healthy products. I wish I had more time to get to know Steve and meet his partner James. If you are in Philly, stop by and check out this really fun soap, candle and personal care store. I love independent boutiques, especially ones where you can pick up a treat for yourself for under $10. Until then, order online. I am definitely going to place a re-order when I run out of the soap and the deodorant. 



Comments

Popular Posts