Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation


Foundation Quest 2009: The Search for the Elusive Coverage. 

As you may know, I am on the lookout for the perfect foundation, helping us Brown ladies and beyond know our options to put our best face forwards. My United Nations of friends take note: This is no slight to our universal quest to look our best, but I know that the ladies of color out there have a harder time matching those special underlying tones in our skin. And whoever else considers themselves a woman of color (PS- I made a stupid comment to Miss Bobbi Brown herself, identifying The Gloss Box as a destination beauty site for women of color. She playfully shot back saying she was also a woman of color. She's right! Color doesn't just mean brown and beyond. Anyone who has any underlying tone can benefit from knowing they are a woman of color.)

Anyway, speaking of Miss B, I stopped by her counters at Bloomie's and picked up a sample of the Bobbi Brown Luminous Moisturizing Foundation in beige, $45. While I was at my cousin's wedding, I used these packs at the wedding and reception, because I wanted to have a youthful dewey face to offset my heavy eye makeup and fancy Indian clothes (if you know me, you know I love ELEGANT SPARKLES {heh, only P will understand}). 

To tell you the truth, I actually found that the coverage was too sheer and didn't cover up the dark spots I've acquired around my mouth and jawline due to stress and other elements associated with seeing family. Yeah yeah passive aggressive jabs aside, I felt I needed a lot more coverage than I was getting with this foundation alone. I set it with a light dusting of Fresh pressed powder in Croisette, and then felt that I had to go back over it with MAC NW25 concealer. I would have liked to skip these steps. The ace up the sleeve for this foundation is that my skin didn't look dry and the color blended perfectly into my skin tone. 

This is apparently the best-selling foundation from the Bobbi Brown line. I found it to a little underwhelming and I would be much more inclined to steer you towards The Tinted Moisturizing Balm SPF 25 from Bobbi Brown which imparts the same 'look' and isn't meant to be a foundation. I will review it for you soon, because I loved the luxe feel of The Balm. 

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly:

The Good: Nice, light, blendable coverage with a dewey finish that looks and feels like your natural skin. 

The Bad: Needs to little more oomph! Not enough medium coverage to take care of discolored spots. There are better foundations out there, but this is ok if you have perfect skin. 

The Ugly: It will come off on your clothes even after it gets set. You've been warned. 

May your foundation quest be made easier by the simple findings presented here. 
Benevolent Kisses!
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts