Armani Lasting Silk UV20 Foundation


Foundation quest 2009 continues.

Today I am trying on Armani's Lasting Silk UV 20 Foundation, $58. The UV protection is (duh) 20, and, like the other products in the Armani face line, has a silky finish thanks to silicone. 

The coverage is medium-well, and I correctly guessed myself to be a 6.5 (6th darkest shade, out of eight total available colors). I applied it with my fingers, and the finish was suede and matte-- it is great because it doesn't need a powder to 'set' it and keep it off your clothes. The finish is not cake-y, but it is definitely a dry look-- probably great for taking photos because it won't reflect back the flash. It is formulated for the long wear necessary for photo shoots and film work, and it is water-based, which is wonderful because I personally am not a big fan of keeping a mask of oil on my face for extended periods of time. Sometimes when you wear foundation, you can SMELL it (nasty Dior eclat) or you can feel it-- but this is a nice, non-scented even coverage formula. 


(Sidenote: When I tell you to apply a 'setting' powder, it's only to fix your makeup, not to give you a powdery or a matte face.) 

The formula itself it weightless. I can apply it all the way to my eyes (covering up the dark circles) and it doesn't feel like it's going to settle into my lines. For the price, you get super-fast coverage without a lot of fuss. For those of you who have the coin and need to look nice in a hurry, this would be a great foundation for you. Especially busy moms and working girls and busy working moms.  I recommend going to the counter and seeing if you can get a match. Ashes, wheats, mochas and beyond may have a hard time finding the correct level of luminosity with this matte finish. 

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly:

The Good: Applies quickly, doesn't require a setting powder, spreads well and gives good coverage-- you won't need to go back with a concealer in case you have discoloration or hyperpigmentation in certain areas. *** Update*** I was at a concert last night, and people kept telling me that I looked so fresh-faced and glowy. I am not in love, so I can only credit it to the lasting silk which I wore out because I was in a rush to get ready! So there's some more points in this corner. **End Update**

The Bad: $58 for the foundation, silicone-based which prevents the skin from breathing (don't let anyone tell you otherwise)

The Ugly: Haven't experienced anything bad!

Pretty and Expensive Kisses!
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts