SkinCeuticals Simply Clean Pore-Refining Gel Cleanser


Yeaaah! NYC is finally getting warmer! It's about time! Due to the fabulous weather conditions yesterday, I was out and about the city the entire day. It honestly was the most perfect day! I went for a jog in Central Park in the morning, did some window shopping, saw Jay-Z and Beyonce in Meatpacking. You know... normal stuff. Ha ha! Ok rewind! Yes, I saw Jay-Z and Beyonce! They were having brunch at Pastis and then went to check out the Rocawear mobile truck across the street! Beyonce looks amazing in person. Her hair and skin are just perfect. I am always surprised at how small celebs look in person. She looks so healthy on TV, but in person she is skinny! I was shocked! Honestly, she just glows!

Anywayz, it's getting warmer, and I am out and about a lot more in public, which means I am wearing more makeup. During the winter, my skin is super dry, but during the spring and summer my skin tends to get a bit oily. I am washing my skin more frequently now ,than I was during the winter. I recently found an excellent gentle cleanser than removes impurities and makeup! The SkinCeuticals Simply Clean Pore-Refining Gel Cleanser is great for those of you who have Combination or Oily Skin.

Benefits of the cleanser:
  • Contains five hydroxy acids that gently exfoliate dead skin cells
  • Clarifies the skin and smoothes out rough texture
  • Removes excess oils and makeup
  • Contains botanical extracts of chamomile, comfrey, and aloe to help soothe and heal the skin
This cleanser really removes all the makeup from your face... liner, mascara, everything! All the wonderful botanical extracts make you face feel great. You are left with a fresh and smooth face that just glows! Just like Beyonce! Ha ha! It retails for around $29. It is a 240 ml / 8 fl oz bottle, so it will last you a while! I do recommend only washing your face with this cleanser once a day in the beginning, just to see how your skin reacts. The five hydroxy acids might be harsh for some skin types. I like to wash my face before I go to bed. In the morning I usually just splash my face with water. I know that during the warmer months I am washing my face more, especially if I am going out in the evening and want to redo my makeup. I have not encountered any problems with dryness as yet. I do always follow up with a great moisturizer!

So the Good, the Bad and the Ugly:

Good: This gentle cleanser will remove impurities and makeup, leaving you with a fresh glow!
Bad: Because the hydroxy acids are an exfoliator, it might be a bit harsh and drying for extra sensitive skin types. Make sure you wear a good moisturizer with SPF!
Ugly: A bit on the pricey side...

Dirty face... Clean it up!!! (read in a British accent : ))

Hugs,
G

Comments

  1. What an awesome celeb sighting! Love Beyonce. Don't care what people say about Jay-Z. She's amaymay. As for Skinceuticals. Thanks for the heads up! Looking for a new wash myself. I started using their vitamin skin drops and their lip treatment, which is so great in the winter. Mmmm butter.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts