Bobbi, S & G. In the Flesh!



The proof that we met Bobbi Brown. It was a fun day, since Bobbi Brown was my first 'grown up' makeup. 

Miss Brown, with her simple palette and straightforward makeup philosophy left us with these parting thoughts:
" Looking your best is simple and achievable-- all it takes is knowledge, a few easy steps and the right products."

G and I hope that we can be your guides through the all the choices out there-- to help you be the best makeup artist for YOU! Keep up with us as we review products and let you know what works, and what doesn't. Hopefully through our honest trials and errors, you can find the right products and learn the proper techniques to get your best look out there. 

An honest note: I don't always think makeup artists know best. I personally think I look better when I do my own makeup and the same goes for G! Our advice is to be open to what people suggest, but be your own best critic. Some tips to avoid pressure sales from makeup artists-- so you can be a SMART shopper and look beautiful. 

1. Check your foundation in the sun! Ask the women in department stores if you can take a hand mirror and see yourself in natural light. If the color is seamless with your neck, get it! Don't go any darker than you have to, because as you sweat, most face makeup will get darker. Get the EXACT shade. My Indian homegirls: Check the mustard factor! DO NOT buy makeup with too much yellow in it. You will look a fright. They match us yellow and we're not. 

2. DO NOT wear greying shades on your lids. Grays will age you! I was so sad that the makeup artist at my Bobbi Brown application session chose colors like "Cement" and "Rock"-- she made me look at least 10 years older. It highlighted the gray casts under my eyes and made me look a fright. Be open, but don't go against your intuition. If you feel you look exhausted with the colors chosen by your artist, don't be pushed into buying them. Indian women look best with warm or bright-based tones. I personally like bronze dipped peaches and beige-toned golds for everyday, and right now I am on a subtle lavender kick for my lids (but I am an edgy one). 

3. Blush shouldn't be browning, it should be brightening! Please don't pick dusty brown-tinged tones for your face. Peaches work like a dream and you will be surprised at how well a soft pink will complement dusky tones. Avoid shimmers if you have 'textured skin'. I have textured skin-- it's is NOT smooth. When I wear a shimmery blush, I only highlight the rough texture of my skin. 

4. Coverup is supposed to Cover It Up, not look like a little clay mountain. Ha. I stole that line from Will & Grace. Problem skin is the worst! But let it breathe and treat it right... hopefully it will get better. 

5. The most important thing is to feel comfortable in your makeup. It's just there to heighten your natural beauty. It's so easy, like Bobbi says! With the right tools and the right techniques you will be on your way to beauty success. 

Helpful kisses and Happy Hugs!
S & G 




Comments

Popular Posts