Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation SPF 15. Dew it.


Last week G and I met Bobbi Brown! We had our makeup done by one of her artists. I asked mine to give me beautiful luminous skin. When your skin looks fabulous, I feel everything else is just icing on the face. 

I was given a coat-- and then some more coats of Bobbi Brown's new Skin Foundation in Beige $40 for 1 fluid oz. I had actually tried a sample of this at home and my overall impression of it is good. It is NOT oil-free, which can develop into a problem as the weather heats up for us sensitive-skinned gals. The coverage-- which is supposed to be medium is very covering. I felt I was working on a gessoed canvas when I put this stuff on with my hands. 

The makeup artist applied this liquid to me with a brush, which gave me light to medium coverage and she kept coating parts of my face with the foundation. When I sat in the cab afterwards, she had piled so much foundation on me, that it had settled into my smile lines within minutes (she did not use powder). I think it was more user error than anything else, so I won't dock this product points based on that. 

When I applied it at home with me (clean) hands, I was actually able to get a better finish. My finish was a little more suede than hers. However, this liquid did stick to my drier skin and emphasized parts of my face that I hadn't noticed earlier (areas which needed a day or 2 to peel after exfoliation).  I almost felt "too" made up with this-- the moisture I crave wasn't there-- it was a very 'perfect' finish. Why am I not 100% in love? Because it was too perfect. None of the luminosity I crave out of my skin, that sort of youthful dewey presence that I want was there. 
It would probably be the perfect nighttime makeup. 

I will wholly recommend it to anyone who wants a very good foundation for their balanced skin-- the coverage was very good, the luminosity-- although present-- was average. It is one of the better foundations I have used and I LOVE the range of colors in which it comes. I think for peach and pink toned ladies this is good-- mustard undertones will have success. My olive and ash gals-- please go to the counter and ask for a sample. This is much better than Christian Dior Skin Eclat! I wish I had found this first. 

A little goes a long way with this. One sample packet lasted me about 4 to 5 applications-- so please go out and try this, you may end up loving it! This also works the best when you apply a very generously moisturizing lotion underneath. I feel it achieves the perfect level of brightness and dew. 

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly:
The Good: Suede coverage, perfect for big events where you will have your picture taken over and over because it is definitely "perfecter" for the face. 
The Bad: May be a little too perfect for daytime wear, can really settle on dry and flaking skin. It also needs a very good moisturizer underneath in order to GLOW. Better for night than day.
The Ugly: Attaches to dry skin, it is not oil-free-- so be careful!

S Recommends: If you are in the market for a new foundation, I would try out the Bobbi Brown line first. Great range of colors for yellow and rose toned people, and she has a variety of skin solutions. Watch out for my review on The Balm by Bobbi Brown -- coming up next week! 

Icing on the face Kisses!
S. 


Comments

  1. Did you take pics with Bobbi? I would love to see before and after!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts