Wonderful! Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy


There is this part from Bridget Jones' Diary that I quote all the time when people ask me why I am single and (close to) 30: It's because underneath all my clothes my body is covered in scales. 
That's gross and true at the same time. 

Augh. G and I have gone on and on about our dry skin. There is a part of me on the front of my shins that looks like I am positively reptilian. 

I have tried all types of hydrators, but the one that I find works the best in lotion form is the Eucerin Dry Skin Therapy with Smoothing Essentials, $11.99. I often neglect to apply lotion because I don't like the greasiness and the way I have to wait to put on my clothes. Usually when I take a shower, I am in a hurry to get somewhere-- so I need things to be fast and easy. 

This lotion is lovely. It absorbs right into the skin, there is none of that 'lotion-y' feel, and yet it is effective as a moisturizer. Sometimes I let my skin get so dry that it itches. This unscented formula instantly relives my skin and keeps it soft all day long. I know I sound like a commercial you would see on mid day tv, but I swear, I don't get paid to tell you these things, it's really seriously EXCELLENT lotion. It's not luxurious, it just plain old works. Just like Cetaphil, it's an ugly bottle which makes my bathroom counter look really pedestrian. I wish someone would call me and just ask, "Hey S., you have good taste. Can you help us design a bottle which relays the fact that we're effective, somewhat clinical and will blend into tasteful bathroom decor." I'll help you, Eucerin people, I really will. My hourly rates are not that bad. 
One warning with this particular formula: There are alpha hydroxy acids (AHAs) in here, and it's really important that you wear SUNSCREEN with it because the sun and AHAs can cause sun sensitivity and sunburn type of reactions. Don't slather this on before the beach is all I am saying. 
The Good, Bad and Ugly:

The Good: Excellent hydrator, non greasy, effective 24 hours, affordable, excellent value for the money, fragrance free, quick absorption, great pump design. 
The Bad: Ugly bottle.
The Ugly: Beware of the sun because of the AHAs. Haven't personally experienced it with this product, but AHA/sun reactions can be irritating. 

Supple and Smooth Kisses!
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts