L'Oreal's Infallible Never Fail 6 Hour Lip Gloss


I'm one of those girls who is constantly applying lip gloss! I once had a coworker that always seemed to walk pass my desk while I was applying it. Seriously, it was so embarrassing. I would be working on a PowerPoint presentation with one hand and applying gloss quickly with the other. This male co-worker would suddenly walk by my desk, we would make eye contact, whilst I had the lip gloss wand pressed into my bottom lip. I was even out for drinks with co-workers one day, and casually pulled out my gloss, when the male co-worker announced, "wow you really like lip gloss!" Ahhhhh!

So, I don't apply lipgloss out of sheer boredom (well sometimes... especially when I am waiting for my number to be called at the DMV or Brazilian Consulate!). I apply it so often because it seems to disappear within 5 minutes! I also have very dry (probably exacerbated by my constant application of various glosses) and pale lips. Sometimes, depending on the day, my lips just blend into the rest of my skin! I need some color! As you can imagine, my wine glasses, coffee mugs and coffee containers are covered in lip color. Disgusting! I have tried long wear lip colors in the past and they have left my lips dried and cracked. The color ends up looking like I applied a Crayola red marker to my lips. Seriously, not attractive!

About a year ago I received a L'Oreal Infallible Never Fail 6 Hour Lip Gloss in a gift bag at an event. I never tried the stuff because I thought it was just going to be like the rest of the long lasting lip colors. It will just dry out my poor lips. I ended up forgetting about it and probably gave it away to a friend. So a few days ago, I was on my way to an event at an art gallery. I had my coffee cup in hand while walking down fifth avenue. I walked into the building, and went to the coat check, and handed my coast to the coat check man. I asked him if he had a garbage and if he didn't mind throwing out my coffee. He took my coffee cup and gave the lid covered in lip color a disgusted look. I was so mortified! I decided then and there that it was about time I researched some long wear lip colors!

A few days ago I purchased L'Oreal's Infallible Never Fail 6 Hour Lip Gloss in color Sangria. It retails for around $9. The color is a very beautiful pinky mauve... the type of color I usually gravitate towards, especially if there is no tester. The applicator wand is a bit different. It's almost shaped like an arrow. The gloss applies quite smoothly and easily. A friend of mine recommended that I apply the gloss over my entire lips and then wait a few seconds before I do the lip press, to ensure that the gloss has enough time to dry. The Sangria color is quite sheer and I recommend applying a couple of coats for some added color. I did the coffee mug test, and unfortunately the color did show up on the mug. Not as dramatic as a regular lip color, but visible nonetheless. The color does have some staying power though! It stayed on my lips for about 2 - 3 hours. Definitely not 6 hours! I guess if you are at a conference, listening to lectures all day and not eating or drinking, the gloss may stay on your lips for 6 hours. But, it you enjoy chatting like I do, and eating... and drinking... this gloss will not stay on your lips for over three hours. After about 2 hour, I still saw the color on my lips, but it was not as bold and glossy as the first time I applied it. Hey, it's much better than having to apply your gloss every 10 minutes!

The gloss is still a bit drying. Not as drying as other long wear lip colors, but still a bit uncomfortable. I applied a balm over the color, but this may have also reduced the staying power. The Infallible color is great for a party. You my need to sneak away to the ladies room for a bit of touch up after about an hour.

The good, the bad and the ugly:

Good: The color lasts much longer than any regular lip sticks and lip glosses I have tried
Bad: The color fades a bit after about an hour and it's also a bit drying as well
Ugly: The color as no SPF, so be careful if you are out in the sun!

Enjoy longer lasting lip color!
Hugs,
G

Comments

  1. Aiyayay. You sure do love your gloss ;) I'd love for you guys to do a top 5 glosses post. I get so confused when I enter Sephora and often get too intimidated and just run for it vis a vis gloss. BTW- here's a late posting on the BeFine products I received in my giftbag: LOVED it. Loved the almond scrub and the moisturizer/SPF. Where do I buy them? I packed samples for my trip to SF this weekend and found the scrub to be an excellent cure for jetlag/that icky feeling you get when you step off a plane.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea girl! We will definitely do one of those soon! I'm so glad you enjoyed the gift bag. S and I love Befine products, especially the scrub! You can buy their products directly from their site: http://www.befine.com/. The website also lists their retails locations. Look out for more Befine reviews! : )

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts