Dove Pro-Age Beauty Body Wash


In my marketing and economics classes in B-school I kept hearing about the rapidly aging baby boomer population. It's that group of people born between 1946 and 1964... around the ages of most of our mumsies and dadsies. I didn't really think about it back then (when you are in b-school you are in this bubble... well at least I was), but I think about it A LOT now! You see it in the news everywhere!

Here are some headlines from recent news articles i've read in the last two weeks!
  • The Boomers Age: Silver Tsunami Or Golden Wave?
  • The Future is Grey
  • 50 is the New 60
  • Aging Population Changes the Global Economy
  • Marketers Adapt as Social Networks Attract Older Users
The list goes on and on!

I'm been in Cali visiting my folks for the last week. I've hung out with them and their friends, and am quite impressed with all their activities and social engagements! They are all so focused on their health! My mother and I were talking about how much things have changed since she was a little girl. She grew up in India, where the emphasis was more on studies than on extra curricular activities. She didn't grow up with the healthy habits, emphasis on exercise and healthy eating, that we have today. It's a hard road to get rid of habits that you have had for almost 50 years, but she, her friends and her family are making great strides to change their lifestyle for the better.

So, i've been watching a lot TV and getting caught up on reading in my parents house. Soooo many commercials and magazine advertisements are geared towards the baby boomer group! I was even at a beauty event a few weeks ago and my bag contained a few products targeted at this group. The bag contained a perfume for aging women who want smell younger. It's called Ageless Perfume - The Anti age Perfume. It contains all these ingredients that are supposed to make you feel and smell younger. I haven't tested it (i'm under 30) and I haven't given it to anyone. I don't want to offend my family or friends! I'll tell you something... they could come up with a better name!

The other product I received was a tube of Avon's Advanced Techniques Grey Root Touch up. It looks like a mascara, but for your hair. It's supposed to blend your grey hairs away naturally. I have yet to give this product to anyone. Again... I don't want to offend anyone!

So, i'm a big fan of dove products. I've been using the soap products for years! I noticed in my parents shower, a bottle of Dove's Pro Age - Beauty Body Wash. It contains:
  • 1/4 Dove Moisturizing Cream to optimize surface cell turnover while gently cleansing your skin
  • 10% Glycerin and emollients to hydrate your skin
  • 7% Natural Soy Oil and 1% Olive Oil to condition and maintain your skin's moisture barrier
So, random story. I once had a friend who was studying to become a doctor, but decided to quit and pursue something else. She was always quite knowledgeable about medical beauty treatments, and I remember noticing a container of vitamins for people ages 50+ in her medicine cabinet. Btw... she was only 27 at the time! I asked what those were for, and she said that by taking those vitamins now, maybe she could combat the medical and beauty issues she might face in the future. Okay... i'm not recommending this to anyone! I see the logic... but am not ready to jump on the AARP bandwagon just yet. I DO agree that some products for aging adults may contain extra helpings of good stuff - like Dove's Pro Age - Beauty Body Wash. I've been using the body wash for the last 5 days, and I love it. It is soooo moisturizing! I've been applying less moisturizer that I normally would. I don't feel that crackly dry feeling I normally feel after getting out of the shower. My skin is not screaming for body cream! This body wash is so gentle and smells so good! It's ultra hydrating and keeps you feeling moisturized the whole day. It retails for around $5!!!

I love the name and tagline! The name pro-age makes a woman feel good about her age! We live in a society where aging is seen as a horrible embarrassing experience, when it is not! The tagline is - Because beautiful skin has no age limit. How great is that? It is so true! I truly believe that with a healthy lifestyle and a solid beauty regimen you will always look beautiful. : )

Hugs,

G

P.S. Check out the Dove Pro-age commercial that was banned in the US for showing too much skin

Comments

Popular Posts