CoverGirl's Exact EyeLight. Don't Bother!


Let me say that I am not a mascara elitist. The fact that I endorse DiorShow is based completely on results. I try and I try and I haven't found a thing I liked from the drugstore. 

This CoverGirl stuff is no exception. I am highly disappointed by the CoverGirl Exact Eyelights Mascara for Brown Eyes in Black Pearl, $7.99. This mascara's claim is that eyes appear 4x brighter. WHAT does that mean? I read the fine print, and it means 4x brighter vs no mascara. It also claims that the patented no clump brush technology gives you separated defined lashes. Let me tell you something: When these companies claim to have no-clump brushes, where is the no clumping they claim to have mastered? Is it at the base of the lashes? Because my tips are CLUMPED. Into a series of 17 points. I counted because I am so sick of these ludicrous claims about amazing XXXL colossal lashes. Give me a b-r-e-a-k. Oh yes, that is why G and I started this blog, to give it to you straight up. 

The claims are garbage. This is a subpar, Clumpy McClumperton Shammy O'Shammerton black mascara laced with silver glitter. That's right ladies it's CRAP. Now in my expert opinion, to make brown eyes pop, use some warm glitter like purple, gold, copper-- anything but SILVER! Oh and while you're at it, change your formula. 

The wand is this little rubber caterpillar, and a lot of people I know like the CoverGirl Lash Blast mascara which has a similar applicator. It is lost on me.  I feel so ICKY wearing this. Actually, I am just really upset because I fell for the marketing campaign. I really was excited by the prospect of finding a good drugstore mascara with glitter in it that would make me look like Rihanna. DAMN I can't believe they gots me so gooood. Ooooooooh those Marketing People. I want my money back! And that's not going to happen because the wind blew my receipt away. 

Whaaaaaat? I was reading other people's reviews on this product and they love it. I will firmly stand by my claim that it's NOT good-- for my eyes, or other people with my lashes and coloring. I think CG pays people to write those reviews on their site, or the ladies (I presume they are ladies) just don't know what 'good' mascara is. 

A Good and Great mascara will make you look like you have naturally thick, gorgeous lashes, not as if less than 20 rubber points have been attached to your eyelid. A Good and Great mascara will make you look like you are wearing falsies, when in fact it's your natural lashes. And a Great mascara will make your eyes pop because it will frame them so all other thoughts are banished and the focus is on your eyes. 

Augh. I applaud CG for making me drop coin on this. Waste of dinero. 
The Good, The Bad and The Ugly:
The Good: $7.99
The Bad: Terrible mascara for long lashes, doesn't do anything, silver glitter instead of a warming tone (for Black Pearl-- I don't know about the other colors)
The Ugly: AWFUL, pointy lashes, dry formula, clumps at tips, doesn't lengthen, spider lash. 

NO STARS. 

Regards, 
S. 

Comments

  1. I could not wait to try this, and in fact took a friend to a 24-hour Duane Reade, after perhaps a drink too many, in pursuit of this. "The one with Rhianna in the add!" I repeated, gleefully.

    I tried the black/gold for my hazel eyes and I agree with everything you said. And! The glitter dust stuff got in my eyes and made them gritty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Same story...excitedly bought the one for blue eyes, tried it once and and it's also TERRIBLE. Not a good mascara at all and definitely did not make my eyes look any more blue!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marketing People! Gotta hand it to them, they did their job with this one. It's nice to see that there are people out there like me who are excited by the prospect of glittery lashes!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts