Chanel Aqualumiere Gloss


I love visiting the Bloomingdale’s in SOHO. As soon as I walk in, I go straight to the Chanel beauty counter! If you know me, you know I LOVE Chanel! I’m not at a point in my life where I am strutting around in the latest Chanel couture… but I do strut around in the latest Chanel glosses, blushes, shadows and liners! ; ) I love their selection of color! I feel so glamorous pulling out my Chanel compact and applying my Glossimer glosses! : )

On my last visit to Bloomy’s in Soho I researched the new line of Chanel Aqualumiere Glosses. The color section is gorgeous! Names like candy glow, diamond rose, bubble plum, bon bon, tangerine dream, cherry blossom, and ginger shimmer just make me dance with joy! How exquisite!!! The consistency of the Aqualumiere gloss is more sheer and light compared to the thicker (slightly sticky), glossy, sparkly consistency of the Glossimer gloss. Don’t worry though! This gloss is still glossy! ; )

Some of the colors may appear bolder than they really are. The Chanel website describes the Aqualumiere color as a sheer wash of color… and it really is! It applies beautifully too, with its mini paint brush like wand. It feels quite moisturizing too! I wouldn’t recommend using it solely as a lip balm, but it feels quite nice and soothing when you apply it! Btw… because the gloss is so sheer and light you will be applying it quite a bit. I don’t know about you, but I apply gloss about 20 times a day! In my experience, the Glossimer glosses stay on longer.

The gloss retails for around $27. Ladies, like I always say… you may not be able to afford the $3000 bag, but you can afford a glamorous gloss! These glosses are perfect gifts as well, because the colors are sheer and work on a lot of skin tones! I am currently using the Ginger Shimmer shade. It is a glamorous shade of deep ruby with a hint of gold dust. The color is very grown up indeed! I feel very chic when I wear it!

So the wrap up:

  • Good: Gorgeous sheer, shiny colors that glide on beautifully. The packaging is also ultra chic!
  • Bad: Because the glosses are so sheer, you will be applying them a lot
  • Ugly: None!!!

You deserve a treat!

Hugs,

G

Comments

  1. Mmmm. My love affair with Chanel glosses continues apace! Have to check these out. As a side question-- how do you clean those brushes that the glosses come with? Do you recommend simply wiping them down or do you use a brush cleaner? What do you suggest?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Dream Sequins! The brush for the gloss is actually a wand brush. It's like a normal gloss that you pull out the applicator brush, apply to your lips directly and then put back into the gloss. It's not an external piece. I've never actually cleaned a wand brush like this before unless I somehow had an overflow of gloss squeeze out. Research says a lip gloss can last for two to three years, but I don't really agree with that. I say more like 6 months. Personally, I go through glosses quite fast because I use them so much. I just don't think that something you apply to your face so often should be saved for too long.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts