Sonia Kashuk Sheer Lip Color and Plumping Glossy Tint


My first makeup application experience was with Avon products. My mother used to get all these samples of mini lipsticks, and I absolutely adored them! On one particular trip to India, my mother bought my aunt a collection of these mini lipsticks. The packaging looked like a large book that opened up into a collection of about 50 mini lipsticks. How cool is that! I still wouldn’t mind getting one of these! My b-day is August ladies! Anyways…my mother and aunt were in the living room having tea while 4 year old, bowl hair cut, sneaky me wandered around the large Mumbai apartment. My mother soon realized that I was missing and went to search for me. She found me in my aunt’s bedroom peering into the dresser mirror. She looked in horror at the dresser, to find all 50 mini Avon lipsticks smashed into the dresser top. I had a fascination with smashing lipsticks at a young age.... and I still kinda do.

I smashed so many lipsticks as a child that my mother had to hide them from me. Ok, weird smashing lipstick story #2… my mother was in the shower while I sat on the bed watching TV. I must have been quite bored because I went looking through my mother’s drawers for makeup. The story goes that I found a lipstick, put some on and accidentally got some on the bedspread. The most logical thing I could think to do was to take some scissors and cut the out the piece fabric containing the lipstick mark. My mother came out of the shower with a look of horror on her face. She asked me what happened and I looked at her with my hands raised in the air, “I don’t know!”

I am still fascinated with lipsticks! Some may say it’s a little old lady, but I love them. It’s so glam to apply a pretty lipstick. I recently tried the Sonia Kashuk® Sheer Lip Color and Plumping Glossy Tint in color hibiscus. It contains a lipstick on one side and a gloss on the other. So convenient! The color hibiscus is very pretty pinky mauve, great on my medium skin tone. It looks like a rose petal… very girly and romantic. The gloss side contains some plumping agents. I’m not really into lip plumpers, as they make my lips feel numb and uncomfortable, but this particular plumping gloss is quite mild. I like to describe it as a lip refresher! It feels slightly tingly and minty when you first apply. I can’t say that it really plumps that much though. The glossy color makes your lips look fuller, but I have yet to see a plumping effect. Both the lipstick and lip gloss have a creamy consistency that feel quite moisturizing during the winter. The best part is that the gloss is not sticky, but that means you are going to apply it a lot.

The lip color retails for around $12 on the Target website. A bit pricey for a drug store brand!

Enjoy your luscious petal pink lips!

Hugs,
G

Comments

Popular Posts