Maybelline Lash Stiletto Mascara


If your read our blog you know that I don't review a lot of mascaras. I have naturally long dark lashes and most mascara tends to make me look a little vampish. After a couple of hours I end up looking like a raccoon. Check out my review on Fresh Supernova Mascara. Huge disappointment!!!

For lashes like mine, I go for a more natural look. I am always on the lookout for a mascara that will give me a little more length and curl. I'm not into extreme volume lashes for everyday. For the last couple of months I have been using the Mac Pro Lash in Coal Black. This mascara tints my lashes a lovely patent black color. It also give me a little extra length. It is a great finish to a fresh face of makeup. Lately though, i've noticed that when I use it my lashes are clumping! I hate that!

So, the other day I was wandering the aisles of the drug store (I love drug stores!!!) searching for Maybelline's Lash Stiletto Mascara. If you watch TV, you have seen this commercial! What a great campaign! It retails for around $7. Soooo tempting! I just had to try it. The packaging is so pretty and sleek. It looks like a stiletto, and I love stilettos! I like this mascara a lot and here is why:
  • The brush is so easy to use.
  • Lengthens and separates every lash.
  • Gave me a lot of length, without the thickness
  • No clumping or flaking! No raccoon eyes after a couple of hours!
The only problem I have with the mascara is the color is not as bold as I would like. The commercial and the packaging says that it will give your lashes a black-patent shine. This mascara gave me a very natural look. I love black-patent shine and this mascara did not deliver.

For those of you looking for more natural lash look this mascara will definitely do the trick. It will give you that flirty natural eye. For those of you looking for extreme volume and bold color, this is not the mascara for you. It will lengthen and separate your lashes, but will not give you that dramatic look that I know so many of you are looking for.

I will continue using this mascara for everyday use, but am still on the lookout for a fabulous mascara with bold color.

Hugs,
G

Comments

  1. Hi. Love the blurry lips in your masthead. I'm looking for new mascara. I just saw a magazine ad for a drug store brand that has sparkles in it. Not glitter, but shimmer. Am intrigued...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm, I am intrigued... Giorgio Armani makes a top coat mascara that adds some sparkle to your lashes after you apply your normal mascara. Too many steps! Bare Escentuals does a dual mascara. One side is a black Mascara and the other side is a shimmery mascara that you apply over. Bonny! I'm on the lookout!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts