THE Lotion: Creme de La Mer Face Lotion


Oh my heavens!

I never thought that I, S., Princess No Bull of Makeup Land would be promoting extremely expensive creams. I just always thought I was going to be a pioneer for all women out there and let them know that the expensive creams and all are nothing more than B.S. 

Well. Um. Can I tell you how much I love the Moisturizing Lotion from Creme de la Mer? ($190. Sorry!)

It's just fantastic. I actually only got a teensy little sample on my last trip to Bloomie's -- but I used it for a week and I think I might even like it more than the original Creme. It's different in that it's lighter than the Creme de la Mer and it spreads more easily (if you recall, the creme needs to be tapped on because it's in a very rich base). It actually seemed to work better for my skin, because I applied a little more generously perhaps? 

Upon applying, my skin was hydrated with a lasting feel. There are a lot of face lotions out there which make your face feel immediately quenched, only to evaporate towards the end of the day. With the moisturizing lotion on, my skin felt fantastic, like I had just had a facial: supple, creamy, soft... I could go on. 

Also-- and I swear this has to be directly related because I have not been looking good in the neck-down department for over 8 months now: I have been getting compliments left and right. I think my skin was really looking rough and dull. My complexion had lost it's luster (too many cupcakes and sugary treats), and somehow (it's not psychological, I swear!)- I feel like I am just a little more glow-y, a little more lit up. And I'm not even in love! 

I don't want to be disingenuous and tell you that this lotion will get you more compliments or make you look beautiful. It's just that for me, it is the right fit. It's not too greasy, it's moisturizing, and it makes me feel beautiful. I can't say that I looked more youthful or make any other wild claims (I am only 29)-- but I will say that I would firmly stand by and recommend this product to anyone who has skin like mine who needs the hydration. I have tried out so many lotions-- many which I won't even deign to review because they are so unimpressive and forgettable. I mean, top shelf things that fall short of the mark. But having tried this, even with the price tag, all I can say is WOW. 
I would buy it. I would put it at the top of my 'Recession luxury life staples' list which currently includes very quilted toilet paper, good fabric softeners and a monthly manicure. 
I still have my original creme, but I might have to look into an upgrade sometime soon-ish. Maybe as the weather gets hotter, this will be my luxury indulgence. 

Oh-so-soft-and-creamy- Kisses!
S.

Comments

  1. I agree. I used it for a week and have just a tad bit left and it is just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I double agree- it's totally TDF! I've been using it for two years now- oh my. Hubby always knows what he can get me for Christmas ;-) I remember when I first used it- for about two weeks- I couldn't get over how many comments I got on how smooth my skin was (even from generally nonobservant hubby) Now that I'm AARPish in age- I wouldn't be caught dead without it. Hey, if there's a fire- you know what I'll grab ;-)

    TT

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Say Something!

Popular Posts