Island by Michael Kors"Bermuda"


Spritz-on Optimism. 

Well as you know I am obsessed with scents. Every Christmas, I get a new one from my beautiful mommy and sister. This year, they made a small misstep and got me an awful unsuitable fragrance from Cartier. Great for when I am 102, but not in my 20s. 

I went to exchange it at Nordstrom's-- a lovely one at that, because you know they vary-- and I wasn't able to find something else at that store that bowled me over. So, in a post Christmas rush, knowing that I would be returning to a land without a Nordstrom's, I just picked up the newest, pinkest, least offensive smell I could find. It happened to be the 1.7 oz Eau de Parfum of Michael Kors' newest Island Destination series Bermuda, $62.

I like clean, sexy scents-- and this one was definitely clean, but I wasn't sure of the sexy factor. When one thinks of islands, especially Bermuda (where I have never visited, but as I imagine it)-- I think of coconut-y, vanilla smells. Basically I imagine anything called "ISLAND" to smell like suntan lotion. Well this one is nothing like that at all. It is a clean, smooth hibiscus and floral scent. Very unusual for me, since I usually lean towards the sultry tuberose, gardenia and jasmine infused scents. 

Island: Bermuda has been getting so many compliments, and I think it's because I always smell CLEAN. There's no other way I can describe it. It's almost like feminine soap-y smell. See, I love it when guys smell like they just stepped out of a shower, and I feel I smell like I am shower-fresh all day long when I wear this. I don't feel particularly sexy, but I do feel very bright and optimistic when I spray this on. I think this is the female version of a man's generic mountain fresh scent. In fact, it just occurred to me that this scent is almost water-y.

Oops I just spritzed on some more. This total impulse buy has totally grown on me and now I love it!  G is always on my case because she says I am over-perfumer. But she hasn't been complaining lately, and I think it's because she can't tell that I am wearing this scent and just assumes it's my shampoo or body wash. 

Any way, one last personal note about me: I use a perfume until it's done and only for one season. No one believes me, but I have a veritable perfume library in my head based on scents. So now the winter of 2009 will always remain etched in my head as this lovely, clean bright and most importantly OPTIMISTIC scent. 

Clean Kisses!
S.

Comments

Popular Posts