Hello? Rash? Is that you calling?


A lot of people, me included, are allergic to nickel and nickel products. For example, I can't wear any earrings or jewelry containing nickel because I will get a serious ear lobe infection or a lacy rash on my skin. 

Guess what else contains nickel that is near your face often. YOUR CELL PHONE. 

According to an article in the March 2008 issue of Prevention magazine, there is a new dermatological complaint-- Mobile phone dermatitis-- a rash on the cheeks, chin and ears that is caused by nickel found in popular cell phone handsets. The British Association of Dermatologists found that to avoid this problem, you should use a handsfree device (well Big Obese DUH!) -- and check with your cell phone provider to make sure your phone is nickel-free. 

Treatment for mobile dermatitis: a 1% hydrocortisone cream and check with the derm is if symptoms persist. 

I have been telling people for years that cell phones cause outbreaks, and don't take it personally when I wipe that thing down on my dress after you use it, because it's hard to stay breakout-free. 

One more thing to think about. 

Informed Kisses!
S. 

Comments

Popular Posts