Dove Cream Oil


Lately my wardrobe consists of black dresses and leggings from American Apparel. I sometimes feel like I am back in school again. I wore a uniform from 3rd grade to senior year! So I have an embarrassing story… I was walking around Chelsea a few weeks ago, wearing my uniform. I realized after a few minutes that my legs were ridiculously itchy. I mean to the point that I had to stop every few minutes and scratch my legs. It was sooooo embarrassing. I mean, people were looking and me… seriously looking at me! I looked like a perfectly normal girl, wearing a nice enough ensemble… bending over in horrific agony and scratching my legs. It was such awful feeling... I thought I would vomit! Luckily I was next to a Bed Bath and Beyond, so I ran in and bought myself some body cream. I was about to go and apply it in the bathroom, when I realized the last time I was there, R said the bathroom was horrendous. So, I ran downstairs to Filene’s Basement, grabbed any shirt I could find, and ran into one of the dressing rooms! I applied the cream to my legs with sign of relief. Ahhhhh! What a day!

My skin is dry generally, but during the winter it is miserably dry! Oil seems to be the only thing that will sooth my winter chapped epidermis. For some extra skin quenching moisture I like to mix some body oil with my fav moisturizer. Check out my post on Vaseline’s Gel Body Oil.

Recently, I discovered the Dove Cream Oil – Intensive Body Oil for Extra Dry Skin. This cream combines skin nourishing oil and rich hydrating cream. Finally! I have been using the cream regularly, and my skin feels so nourished, cool and moisturized! You may think the oil in the cream will make your skin feel oily and greasy, but it doesn’t! It applies smoothly and absorbs easily! I like to apply the cream to my skin after getting out of the shower in the morning and before I go to bed. For a refreshing treat, apply the cream after a hard day at work or a long day of wandering around the city. ; ) My skin feels so comfortable, soft and fresh… no more itchy legs. No more embarrassing moments in public!

The best thing about this cream is that it retails for around $6! Totally affordable! My only problem with the cream is the smell. It has a very strong floral scent. I love floral scents… but this one is a teensy bit old lady. It’s not like people can smell you as you walk by, but if someone were to get REALLY close they would smell the floral bouquet. It doesn’t bother me all that much, but for those of you who are extra sensitive to scents, this one might be too much.

Get ready for soft smooth skin!

Hugs,
G

Comments

Popular Posts